AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help us determine if projector orientation has an effect on the lamp problem. Is your HS-10 Table mounted (upright) or ceiling mounted (inverted) or, have you not noticed a lamp problem at all?

·
Registered
97 Posts
What I really want to know is how many hours are on the projectors of people who have not seen the problem.

I only have about 60 hours on my projector and I bought it in December. I am very nervous that I am going to get the bulb issue later then many others because I don't use my projector as much.

Russell

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on the results so far it appears that just under half of the people responding have had a lamp issue and there's not an overwhelming difference between being table mounted and ceiling mounted. Also, as Russell ponders, it would be interesting to find out how many hours there are on the pjs that don't have the problem.

So, for those of you who don't have a lamp problem, how many hours do you have on your lamp?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You both seem to be at around the critical point. Most problems I have heard about have happened at around 200 to 300 hours. Hopefully you will not experience the problem at all. :cool:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by russellm
more units with failures then units with no failures. That is a scary thought.
This sample is just statistically too small to be usable for drawing any conclusions. Due to human nature there is almost certainly a bias in this sample because it is more likely to consist of people experiencing problems. The people not experiencing problems (the majority of owners I would suggest) more than likely are not even lurking here. Just something to consider. :p

·
Registered
390 Posts
Table mounted. No lamp problem. 650 hrs. SN 13595.

Front fan will freeze up on occasion gentle nudge to the fan and its fine. However I advise to watch for it and free the fan immediately.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have mine inverted on a shelf about 8 feet off the ground - so there was no appropriate choice for me. I have had trouble turning the projector on about 5 times since January (about 300 hours). I would turn it on and could hear it trying to start up, but the bulb wouldn't go on. Each time it did come on after trying again about 10 minutes later. Never had it turn off on me, though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
You know I was wondering if the fans are freezing on some projectors and the users are not noticing it then the projector either shuts down or what ever and when they restart it if the fan is still stuck it may not even start? Eventually over time it may also cause other problems. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this I will move it to the lamp problem thread but I just wanted to mention here so that if anyone else is here for the poll they will see it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm sorry but I can't help with this form either. At 250 hours I have had the projector fail to start on the first attempt 3 times, all withing the first 100 hours. The front fan once failed to start. The projector's on a table. Count me among the ranks of the very pleased.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I'm not going to repeat myself here, but I strongly suggest that you read my post here regarding interpretation of these poll results.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.