AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I put down a deposit and waited a month ago, to be told, "yeah mate 2 weeks"

two weeks later...."yeah mate next week"

one week later......"you know Sony....next week"

next week....."well we don't know...its on order"

at this point, the whole in my living room where my CRT once sat, my old CRT unit out in the shed (after waiting 4 months to be told the parts wouldn't be available - thats another sad Sony story) my screen tells me to ask questions.

The HS10 release date was originally early November...then late November...now "mid December".

Well I know a guy down at my local Sony state branch, he says they were available for a few weeks from the 16th of November and a few shops ordered them in, no big deal, and now theres none for a few weeks. So I think, "why the heck didn't I get one then??"

My local dealer I am ordering through now says 2 more weeks.

Another Sony contact said TOMORROW, and then the head office of Sony Australia told me FEBURARY.

I give up...guess I will buy a LT240 and wait for my eyes to burst.....

To make matters worse I have commitments to meet which means I NEED a nice unit beaming away on Saturday the 6th December and thus every weekend until Christmas....its that season...I'm not very Jolly

Anyone else having these woe's? I know you are Builty:( :( :( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
You got it brother. I was told December 3rd but who knows. Seems that even Sony don't know (the head of product in Sony Aus doesn't even know why they are delayed!)

I had my birthday planned as a movie night back on thr 18th of Nov, but that came and went. Rescheduled for 1 week, still no sign. 2 weeks later still waiting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
John, I thought that Sony were being hard on us Brits with their tight-lipped attitude to its release date, but to be kept dangling at the end of a rope as you have is plain cruel. I would place the order and tell the dealer to ring you only when he has the HS10 in front of him, then cross your fingers and hope Santa comes early mate!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go easy mate! I still want one!

But I agree with you totally!

I can handle if there is a legitimate reason, but when you are ASSURED the product will ship, and the only thing they can tell you is "its just not here yet" just doesnt add up after awhile.

If back in September I was told, hey it wont be in untill feburary, I would have lived with it, but when the big guys say it will be, you take there word for it! and get rather disgruntled when they fold on there promises.....time...after time...after time...after time...after time...after time...

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kaiser, my poor dealer has been given dates "set in concrete" he even checks a few days before its due, then it simply doesnt arrive in his order of stock...Thats the problem over here in OZ...where the road aint so yellow :(

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hello folks,

I just spoke with Sony Norway, and they told me they would get a shipment next week....... But I really doubt it...

I hate Sony's (Intel like) paper launch...... I want my HS10

Regards

AK

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, they are supposed to arrive tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath. Sony normally send a booking request the morning before delivery...and nothing came today :(

I'm hoping Monday.....hoping hoping hoping.

Joe.

·
Registered
857 Posts
well just import 1 from Japan .. Our favorite japanese dealer should have more on Dec13 .... I guess there is big demand for HS10, but HOW big can it be ??? I mean its NOT as popular as PS2, since how many people can actually afford to throw ~$3k away on LCD PJ, just for entertainment, and not some other RPTV, or regular TV .......

If you look at this forum yes there seems to be a lot of people interested in it, but if you count them, how many will it be ??? 100 ??? You tell me that SONY can't satisfy them ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
You have to put everything in relation. If Sony planned to produce/sell 1 000 HS10 to Christmas, and they get orders for 2 000, they will have problems to meet that demand. They can probably up the production and work overtime on the factories etc, but there is a limit to whats possible with the planned production.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Eklund,

You hit the nail on the head. It's not like Sony likes not being able to supply all the units it could sale. It is a simple matter of not having the ability to produce all they can sale. They set a plan for how many they are going to sale and then order all of the parts needed to meet that plan. It is tricky business, especially before the end of the year, you don't want to get stuck with a bunch of Inventory.

Anbjornk,

Exactly when was the last time Intel did a paper launch on anything? You are just asking to get flamed with statements like that.

Thanks,

Russell

·
Registered
761 Posts
Sony does not do things by the hundred. It wouldn't be worth while firing up the machinery. I have never seen any numbers, and I have looked, but I would guess that the Panasonic AE100 sold into the thousands in the USA and projection isn't that popular in the USA. In some countries projection may be the only way to get BIG SCREEN in a smaller living space. World-Wide sales of any given model is anyones guess but in order to hit the price points they are with the HS10 and recover their R&D they would have to be figuring on tens of thousands units sold.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Order from Japan....sounds nice...and at least they have a pixel policy, but its only a few hundred dollars difference in the end after I get it here and I cant afford to send it back if something is wrong.

My beef is simpply don't confirm shipping dates two days before the ship date only to say "sorry we don't know" on the day and do it five or six times now.

If they came out in the first place and said "maybe next week, but hey it might be 3 or 4 months" I could handle it, but when its a "set in concrete for sure" I get narky

·
Registered
761 Posts
I am pretty well done all my Christmas shopping this year and most of it was off the Net. Bought some stuff in the UK (toffee and some electronics),... some in the US (clothes, electronics),... a present for ME out of Japan :D and one for my daughter (electronic MP3 player). Only thing we make where I come from is Wheat and Maple Syrup so I am used to buying from you foreigners :D Only used EBay a couple times in the past but even those worked out,... most of the time from just ordinary resellers who are honest as the guy down the street. Price is RARELY my driver or I would just walk down the street,... but I tend to buy stuff that just isn't available where I live but I want top-of-the-line and/or some times I just want it NOW so I just take the plunge:D

·
Registered
890 Posts
jsp, this all reminds me of the ''bull'' I got from Panasonic Australia regarding the release date of the AE300.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dam that so cruel to post a pic of the box :)

After all the guy who started posted is crying for one right now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oops was not reading the left side of that post with pic.

Ok it is just cruel to me

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm closing this thread in order to begin to consolidate information about the HS10. Please post to the official INFORMATION or OWNERS thread.

Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.