AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounded like a lot of early interest in this player but haven't seen any reviews yet from HS10 owners.

Please post your comments regarding this player and comparisons to your current player.

My hold up is from having to run anymore cables in a non-dedicated theater room. However if this players DVI abilities exceed my RP82 than I will try to work through the cable and DVI switching issues.

Thanks......Scott

·
Registered
557 Posts
Scot:

like you I'm on the fence because the Sammy is about to be realeased in a couple of months. I'll definiately be getting one or the other but I'm not sure which.

I will also need a 20 foot dvi cable, so currently the Bravo is leading because it's cheaper.:D

Michael

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I'd also like to see some reviews. Given the rave reviews for the Sammy 1000, I'll be waiting for the release of the $300 little bro before deciding. Having the extra rez and the HDCP capability will make one of these a must have for HS10 owners.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm also holding out to see how the Samsung turns out. I'm still not done with my new HT room, and the DVI cable's run through the ceiling in there already; I couldn't hook it up even if I bought it. I had no plans to go HTPC, but something told me I better run one of those suckers while the ceiling was open- from the sounds of those Bravo threads, I think I was right;)

I hope to hear from someone who tries a Bravo with a HS10; I'm curious to hear if it's an improvement over my XP30...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thinking about ordering one but not sure about the appropriate DVI cable. It seems as though the Bravo has DVI-I and the HS10 uses DVI-D.

Any ideas as to what cable to use or if an adaptor is needed?

.....Scott

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
If you mean the Sony VPL-HS10 (3) LCD Projector it should GREAT!

It has DVI in, and can do 720p native!

You'll get the 1:1 pixel mapping they're all raving about from the V Bravo D1 DVD Player via DVI!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.