AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hearing that if you ceiling mount your HS10 it is more quiet if you were to sit right beneath the projector than if you were to sit in front of the projector.....is this TRUE? Can you confirm this please if this is what you've experienced?

Thanks alot.

Mark

·
Registered
915 Posts
Yes, it's true (at least to me). The apparent noise level is slightly higher in front and below and than directly beneath or slightly behind and below the projector.

FWIW, my seating position is slightly in front and below with my ear about 4 1/2 feet from the front grills. The noise level is only irritating in very quite scenes. This only bothers the wife when a chick flick is on.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
653 Posts
I concur with maddogmc. I am very close to his setup sitting a little in front and the PJ ceiling mounted at about the same distance away. However, I'm the one with the critical ears and it bothers me during the chick flick rather than my wife :D (actually as well as most quiet scenes in any movie). I'm working on a fan mod that if successful I will share.

Cheers,

dagger

·
Registered
915 Posts
If the noise really bothers you, take a look at this "high tech" hush box. It actually helped out a lot even though it is ugly as sin. The duct tape finally gave way and it fell apart. It was more of an exercise to see if cheap, commonly available materials could successfully reduce the noise level. If you don't mind the ugly nature of it, you could probably build the design in 1/4" plywood and line it with some sound absorbent material and get acceptable results for $25 or so.

FYI... there is an effort underway to design a reasonably priced commercial hushbox for the HS10.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you guys...now i know where i need to mount the PJ and where the seating area would be.

mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.