AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing a great deal of reading the past few months and am getting ready to "pull the trigger". I was leaning toward a 4:3 DLP, but am leaning towards the HS10 because of the higher resolution for HDTV. But...We also will be watching SAT TV via a C-Band (BUD) 4DTV. As a side note, if you want the best looking TV signal you might check it out, very near DVD qualtiy on many channels.

What I would like to know is for people that have the HS10, PLV-Z1, and AE-300...

1. How does it look when fed with a high quality s-video signal? 2. Do the projectors center the 4:3 image in the middle of the 16:9 screen?

3. Do they project black/grey bars on the side of the 4:3 image, and if so how dark are they?

Thanks for any input....

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
i too would like to know how the ae300 and z1 handle s-video signals. The ae100 looks like junk in s-video and since I am getting eihter the ae300 or z1 next, I am curious how they compare.

I can answer a couple fo the questions:

2- the 4:3 image will be centered in the middle and with the ae300 I believe it can be moved to left or right alignment as well. Can with the ae100 so I don't see why they'd change that for the ae300.

3- Black bars for the Z1 and Ae300 for sure. With the AE100 the bars are a decent "black" so it looks pretty good. In addition, you can change the colour to blue or grey. Again, I am guessing the Ae300 will have the same option to change the colours.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured they would put the 4:3 image in the middle. It will be nice to hear how a high quality 4:3 svideo image will look. From what I have gathered so far, it will depend on the scaler/deinterlacer. Although I don't have a great handle on exactly what they are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.