Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks.

I've been screwing around for 2 days now trying to get my HTPC to talk properly, via VGA out, to my HS10.

Relevant info:

HTPC: Dell 8200 notebook with GeForce 440mx Go chipset.

HS set to Input A, computer mode.

I am using Sony's SIC-HS30 cable (the VGA to PJ Mulit) one.

I can get Powerstrip to display on my notebook fine using either of the following settings:

1) 1366,65,142,207,768,1,3,21,79046,39

2) 1368,64,80,256,768,0,3,36,79942,2054

These are the only two settings I've seen referenced in other posts that people have indicated worked for VGA to the HS10. Most of the posts deal with DVI to the HS10 however.

When I then activate either one of these settings, the projector accepts them, but converts them to 1024 x 768. When I examine what the projector thinks it is getting, it tells me 1024 x 768 input #101, which curiously isn't even listed in the manual.

Any suggestions before I chuck it and buy a decent component out DVD player?

Dominc

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't have my HS10 just yet - but I read in a prior post that there is a full through mode that wont do the auto-conversion...

·
Registered
14 Posts
You need to do 2 things:

1) Goto the Display setting of your HTPC, under "Monitor" of the "Advanced" properties, uncheck the box which says "Hide modes which the monitor canot display"

2) In the "Initial Setting" of your HS-10 menu, change the V. Keystone from Auto to Manual.

Then you should be able to do native mode with no distortion.

Ray

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ray,

I found the menu and checkbox you indicated, and it is unchecked but greyed out, so I couldn't check it even if I wanted to.

Anyone else have an idea?

Dominic

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Dominic, blitzkreig mentioned something about accessing previously greyed out settings pertaining to powerstrip in the bottom of This Thread . Maybe it will help.

Regards,

Anthony :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.