AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that the sony hs10 scales 1080i signals by first scaling down to 540 and the scaling up to the native resolution of 766 or whatever it may be. Is this true? If so could you point to the source which states this and explain why it would do that. Thanks for your help.

-Greg

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have no evidence that it's true or not but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. It's not really scaling down to 540, it's deinterlacing. Very few devices today can do anything but the simplest sort of bob/weave deinterlacing on 1080i. It makes sense that in the absence of an adaptive algorithm it would just bob because a soft image is less distracting then combing errors.

-Dylan

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
After finally getting an HD feed I can tell you that all the reports of the HS10 being absolutely oustanding for HD is true. I don't know if it's the scaling or how they've optimized for HD so well, but some of the hi-def material I'm seeing is simply the most outstanding video I've ever seen on any display, anywhere FWIW.

If you're worried about how the HS10 will handle hi-def - don't. It's hard to imagine better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.