AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another poll to help us identify the parameters of the HS-10 Lamp issue. You can answer multiple questions on this poll. Please answer the first poll as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Is this poll only for people who have / are having problems?

There is no "I have not had any of the above problems" option. You cannot vote unless you select at least one option.

The "Do you experience both issues?" option is redundant as if this is true you would select both the first 2 options.

As you can not answer yes or no the posed questions perhaps the poll should be revised as follows:

I have problems turning on the projector.

I do not have problems turning on the projector.

I have problems with the projector turning itself off.

I do not have problems with the projector turning itself off.

I have experienced noticable, decreased brightness in the picture.

I have not experienced noticable, decreased brightness in the picture.

I have had a bulb replaced.

Replacing the bulb has resolved my issue (so far).

Replacing the bulb has NOT resolved my issue.

I have not had a bulb replaced.

;)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Is this poll only for people who have / are having problems?
Yes, this is for people who *have* had problems. I understand your issues with the way this is presented, but I think that all the information can be deduced from the combination of this poll and the first one. Since only moderators have the ability to modify a poll, we'll leave it as it is.

I have PM'd Jason and asked that he freeze these polls at the top of the list for a few days to make them easier to find.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How about it folks? We need more responses to this poll to make it meaningful. The other poll indicates that there are aroung 17 people who have or have had a lamp problem. We need your answers on this poll too.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lee,

You're correct this poll doesn't offer an option for those who have not had a problem. That's one of the reasons we put up the second poll. If you haven't responded to that poll, please do so.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I agree. If there is not an option to say "No problems" then how do you know your not 1 out of 100,000 which would indicate a very small portion of projectors have problems? Not everyone has these problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I appreciate the poll. It shows me that I am not alone.

Even my wife, who knows nothing about HT or projectors and hardly watches it said to me "wow, the projector isn't very bright anymore - what happened?" i was stunned. I was thinking the same thing for a good week to myself, but when she raised the issue, i knew it wasn't me.

Thanks to this poll, i can see others with the same problem.

I was one of the very first US customers to receive the unit direct from sony in early Dec 02. It's a shame that they rushed it out so fast instead of debugging and fixing the problems, but this is the price of the early adopter. Like a first year car, this is the way most consumer electronics QC is done anymore.

So, from the poll, i see it looks like i'll have to buy a new lamp, and hope for the best. Even so, this great projector is STILL way cheaper than an InFocus 720 or any of the other comparable lcd/dlps, and IMHO, its on par or better.

Thanks again,

Kirk

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
The problem with this poll and the other poll is that there is no way to correlate the results.

Suppose that 60% of the respondents in the other poll answer that they have a table mount, and 60% in this poll say that they have problems turning on the projector. That does NOT necessarily mean that you can draw the conclusion that table mounts are the culprits behind projectors that fail to turn on--you don't know whether the same people answered "table mount" in poll #1 and "problems turning on" in poll #2.

Bottom line: be very careful about drawing any conclusions from these poll results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.