AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am picking up my HS10 tomorrow( Wooohooo!) but there is a problem with the unit I am getting. For some reason, the buttons on the side pannel of the acutal projector are not functioning (i.e. the power button, focus buttons etc.) yet the projector works, accepts signals, and the remote is able to control all of these functions.

Anyone have any idea how I might fix this? The good news is the dealer has volunteered to actually replace my projector when the ones they have on backorder arrive if I can't get this sorted out. That's a heck of a lot better than a loaner program if you ask me. Overall these guys have been great, and I will highly reccomend them if all goes as they have said. So far my experience with them has been extremely positive.

My thought is that there is a disconnected wire inside, but I'd hate to take the cover off if I don't need to. Maybe there is a reset switch, or the lens cover has a cut-off of some kind? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Jazser - First of all congrats and welcome to the club. It sounds like a can't lose deal to me. I've had my HS10 for over a week, use it way too often, and have yet to bother with the buttons on the side of the projector. Take it quick, and enjoy. You're new one will come in with 0 hours on it after you've put how many untold hours on yours.

After a week, I'm over 100 hours.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi HTcrazy...and Thanks!

One quick question. Can you use the remote to control focus? I thought that was only possible on the side controls.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes you can focus, optical and digital zoom and keystone with the remote.

Depending on your menu selections you either get a 'test pattern' or (I

presume) your source material.

I watched "Austin Powers - Goldmember" last night driven by a Sony

DAV-S550 (480p), PJ-Multi cable) and the colors/etc were just awesome.

Even the blacks looked good (wet suits, etc). This is in Cinema mode, but

without the cinema filter - against the wall of my apartment. Trying

to get my jaw returned to it's normal position. :D

--Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.