AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you use the vertical adjustment on the HS10, is the projector using center alignment, top alignment, or bottom alignment? As an example, center alignment would mean that the center of the picture, regardless of AR is always in precisely the same spot on the screen, versus top alignment, where the top of the image is always at the same spot, regardless of AR.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can some HS10 owner please answer this question? I need to know so that I know how to build my stage and masking system.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
I have my projector ceiling mounted (inverted), and I believe it's what you'd call "top alignment." The center of the lens is aligned with the top of the screen, and whenever you zoom the image in or out, the position of the top of the picture stays exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Well, I think Uther is also asking if "top aligned" (which the HS10 is when ceiling mounted with no vertical keystoning) does the image stay justified to the top of the screen regardless of AR.

The answer is no (assuming you're not using an HTPC or sophisticated external scaler). No matter how you mount the HS10, scope movies (greater than 1.77 AR) will be centered vertically within the HS10's 1.77 LCD panels. If you use a computer (HTPC) to play your DVD's, you can use the software player's AR control to move the image up to the top of the screen if that's what you want.

-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.