AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had HS10 close to 2 weeks now and loved the pictures. I would like to hook it up with HDTV. What HDTV receiver would be recommended? I plan to hook it up with the DISH. Please also tell me the quality of the pictures.

Thanks,

Mac

·
Registered
271 Posts
I haven't seen much HD content from any of the dishes. My local TimeWarner cable beat them all by offering ABC,CBS,NBC, HBO, and Showtime all in HD plus Fox in their "enhanced widescreen" 480p.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I can tell you that the picture is amazing. It is much clearer than the Sony Plasma's showing high definition, and much larger. I have watched hours of High Definition with no sound simply because the picture is so amazing.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Mac:

I'm using my HS10 with a Sony SAT HD100. I am actually watching the NBA HD on Directv 198 as I type this reply. The picture is simply amazing. I've always thought that this is where this pj shines.

Michael

·
Registered
344 Posts
HiDef PQ on an HS-10 is awesome. You will be amazed. I think it's better than a RPTV.

However, for sheer 3D effect (like looking through a window) it is not as jawdroppingly sensational as HiDef on my Pioneer PDP-433CMX plasma.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. My HS10 still needs HDTV hook-up. I almost give up HDTV. Now I have to think about it again. I missed that Bestbuy deal (50% off of open box HDTV receiver). Besides OTA signal, the only way to get HDTV in Ft. Lauderdale is via the dish. The hardware is still extremely pricy.

I would like to hear comments from people who have used 6000u, samsung 160 and sony 200 with HS10. Should there be any differnce among these. All of them have DVI, I beleive. I know that there are more info in HDTV forum but almost none of them talks about HS10.

3ems,

I used to read you posts way back in the beggining of the year when you first got HS10. How many hours have you clocked it in? Any issues with lamp? Dose your HDTV receiver have DVI? I don't know if you have a chance to comopare between DVI and component? Please comment.

Thanks,

Mac

·
Registered
557 Posts
Mac:

I have not used DVI on my HS10. I'm waiting for the Sammy 931 dvd player to be released. I want to see how it compares to the Bravo. I have over 600 hours last time I checked :D. The picture is still the same from when I first got it. No lamp issues.

You should checkout Brandamart and Circuit City for hd receivers. I've seen some for under $400 every now and then.

How are you enjoying you HS10?

Miichael

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Don't forget if your cable company offers HDTV you don't need to buy an STB box. In my case Insight rents the HD box for $2 extra per month.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Mac, I'm using a Sony HD200 connected via DVI to my HS10. Compared to the component inputs, the DVI connection seems to display a sharper image with better color saturation. The differences may be subtle, but there. Your projected image size may play a part in how much of a difference you will see (I'm projecting a 120" 16:9 image). I simply prefer the all digital connection that DVI provides.

If at all possible get HD for your HS10 to really see the potential of this PJ. Like 3ems said the NBA HiDef game was stunning last night (and by no means the best HIDEF I've seen on the PJ). I had friends who hate basketball watching the game simply to admire the PQ!

Enjoy your beamer!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.