Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Still in Design mode of H/T,Have HS20 still sitting in unopened box....theater/Basement all framed doing electrical,etc.Sure has been slow,

always seems to be something popping up that prevents you from working down there...

My question is I would like to know if S/D effect will be an issue @ 11' viewing on a 90"x50" screen...Screen is actually set in between two closets 92" apart and set back 29"(Better paint the sides of the closets facing the screen black!!)11' viewing is for first row,would like to have two rows. Lazyboy Theater seats?seem to be priced right.. AV Room is a total of 16.5'x12'.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
You're just inside of 1.5 screen widths, so it should be OK. It's really hard to say, some people are more discriminating than others. And some will trade off SDE for a more "immersive" picture.

Only way to tell for sure is to open that box and fire that baby up! ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JD,

I am sooo tempted.......Its killin me......Should be selling my RPHDTV that is presently in the Den in a week or so and will be replaced it with a flat panel in near future. Keep asking my wife .."would you mind shooting to a wall in the den for a little while" ;-) .....We'll see how she feels when the 65" is gone and the next biggest set is my son's 35"....Stay tuned....

Alex

·
Registered
476 Posts
depends on your eyesight, some people can sit closer with out being bothered by SD. A slight defocus can do wonderes for SD, and you wont really notice any loss in detail. With a slight defocus you would probably be more then fine from that distance, but the only way to really tell is to test it for yourself.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
You should have no problem with your HS-20 SDE.

I sit 11' back from a 84" hor width screen.

Some people claim to see SDE at these ratios but

in overall viewing I don't.

Experiment with the defocus thing and see what works for you.

Sometimes however depending on the transfer, the action in the film and what is being shown, I will see brief blivits of SDE in isolated areas but unless your supersensitive it is nothing but a brief distraction.

If I were you I would fire that guy up at least to confirm functionality. The only "problem" you're likely to have is that no one will want you to put it away! It may help motivate you sell your TV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.