AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this is normal for HS20 owners, but maybe my unit is too far out. I think it's about 2 pixels out on the right and up one on the green panel. Should I send it back? Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a picture of the upper left of the screen. The post before this has a picture on the right of the screen. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hmm, that does look a bit excessive. IMHO, 2 pixels is more than I would accept. Especially when you've in addition got 1 pixel alignment problems vertically.

Regards,

Tore K.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RC1
I guess this is normal for HS20 owners, but maybe my unit is too far out. I think it's about 2 pixels out on the right and up one on the green panel. Should I send it back? Thanks.

I'd send it back- I did so last week w/ my unit, for slightly less what's evident from your pics.

Be prepared to front the shipping to them and wait upwards of 2 weeks (they say 10 days but I don't believe it). I'm still waiting for them to send the unit back or even contact me. I really hope they send it well protected and via air mail, I mean what's the point if the alignment is again skewed during transport? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the opinions. I got an RA number and will be sending it back. The only downside is the company won't be getting anymore until mid Feb.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by melechmet
I'd send it back- I did so last week w/ my unit, for slightly less what's evident from your pics.

Be prepared to front the shipping to them and wait upwards of 2 weeks (they say 10 days but I don't believe it). I'm still waiting for them to send the unit back or even contact me. I really hope they send it well protected and via air mail, I mean what's the point if the alignment is again skewed during transport? :rolleyes:
Someone mentioned that sony glues on the lcd panels in the HS20 :rolleyes: so your unit shouldn't get misaligned during transport. But as for arriving broken, thats another story.

-Jeremiah

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I believe that my projector is also out of alignment, but when I watch movies, I can't see any problems with mis-alignments, and I'm fairly picky about video quality. I just don't see it as a problem (in my case). PLUS, if I take it back, I take the risk of getting a new projector with dead or stuck pixels!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
The only proper way I know of the check panel alignment is to use a crosshatch pattern on the Avia disk or other test dvd. Looking at your images with no signal it's impossible to tell. But if I was to guess I think it look's more than acceptable.

Everyone owning a projector should have at least one test DVD for setup, basic calibration and looking for problems such as panel alignment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, I also have two stuck pixels. One is blue and one is is green in the middle section of the screen. I can't see them at normal viewing distance. The screen is 100" diagonal, viewing at 17 ft. So I guess my projector is missalligned and has 2 stuck pixels. Just thought I'd mention that.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JimmyR
The only proper way I know of the check panel alignment is to use a crosshatch pattern on the Avia disk or other test dvd. Looking at your images with no signal it's impossible to tell. But if I was to guess I think it look's more than acceptable.

Everyone owning a projector should have at least one test DVD for setup, basic calibration and looking for problems such as panel alignment.
The built in Sony focus pattern (basically a Hash type) allows to one to see mis-convergence w/o any additional software.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.