AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned a Sony HS20 for a couple of years now and have had no trouble until this evening. When I turned the unit on, I received an "Iris Control Unit Doesn't Work" message. I turned the unit off and on a couple of times (waiting appropriate time in between) and the message did not appear again. Not sure whether I had a malfunctioning unit, I went into the Cinema Black Pro menu item (under "Adjust Image") and toggled the iris on and off while watching the movie XMen 2. I could detect no noticeable difference between the two settings - black levels, contrast, brightness all appeared identical to me. To be honest, I had never adjusted the Cinema Black Pro setting before, so I don't know whether this lack of a discernible difference is normal or if it suggests that the iris control is not working. I would like to hear from other HS20 owners who are familiar with the Cinema Black Pro setting and/or have encounterred this "Iris Control Unit Doesn't Work" message before.

Thanks in advance.

Steve Marano

·
Registered
725 Posts
i do see a noticeable difference when i turn the cbp button on and off. i have had no probs. whith my hs20 (yet).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if you use the iris control feature in Cinema mode, or are you

doing it in standard mode?

·
Registered
310 Posts
You should be able to see a difference in toggling the iris (although I think my eyes quickly adjust to negate any long-term advantage), and with my machine I also hear a loud "click" when it switches.

I did get the "iris isn't functioning" message once. I rebooted and it was fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.