1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Great set-up.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
your walls are too bright...your PQ will be ass because of that.

Sorry, just trying to be like another member who can do nothing but criticize others without even seeing their setups in person to really make an intelligent comment. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, your setup looks very nice. Great job:)

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I envy you for your HS20, and also for having an S.O. that lets you get away with mounting surrounds from the ceilings and allowing barco loungers in the room. You've either got her well trained, or better, you're a bachelor. :D

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, thanks for all the great comments, even the one where the walls were too bright! I would like to change the color of the front wall, but I've got to convince my twin brother to do that....and YES, I am a bachelor and LOVE IT! I can watch a movie as loud as I want and when I want...well, within certain realistic guidelines....The "bro" works so movies not too late.

I wish I could throw an AVSF movie night! Anyone in the Sacramento,CA Area want to come check it out, you are more than welcome!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, I almost forgot.....If you want any screenshots (at night) I will do it...just name a movie (which I may have) and it will be done. If I don't have the movie then I'll just post somthing with eye candy. I've got two sources....DVI BRAVO and JVC 30,000. I can take shots of each. The only trick is to set up my digital camera properly...in auto mode, the blacks look REALLY black, and thats not what I want....I'll figure it out....Later!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
KBMAN, one of us is wrong in the way we hooked up the little gray interference device Sony supplied with the projector. I thought it was suppose to be installed on the ac power cord about 4 inches up from the projector and looped around. Do you still have the instruction sheet they sent with the device? I have misplaced mine.

Another new HS20 owner

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea, you could be right on that magnetic coupler (as I call it)...The funny thing is, is that I've seen those on both power cords AND video cords. Let me see in the Sony box to see if there were any instructions on that...I was too excited to hook it up to really care about it, but who knows, it might make some sort of difference, especially if you have a ground loop or somthing to that effect.

·
Registered
769 Posts
The curtains are feeling gaudy to me. Maybe its not the curtains, I think its the gold around them. Even if it was real gold, it would still look gaudy to me. The rest of your setup is very very nice though!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quote:
KBMAN, one of us is wrong in the way we hooked up the little gray interference device Sony supplied with the projector. I thought it was suppose to be installed on the ac power cord about 4 inches up from the projector and looped around.
That's correct it's a ferrite core, HS10 had it as well in the kit. You loop the power cable around it throught the holes in either end and clamp shut, around 3-4 inches from the end that plugs into the HS Pwr Socket.

·
Registered
Construction debris
1,126 Posts
The Ferrite core is to reduce interference and an induced surge downstream whenever you turn off the device in question.

Also, do you see any interference on the video signals? You're not supposed to run the power cable right up next to the video cables like that. You should keep them a foot apart whenever you have to run the parallel and cross at a right angle whenever you have them cross.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.