AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted in the over $3500 that the HS20 is available with a long throw or short throw at no additional cost? Is this true? If so, that is new and where can they be had??? Anyone know about this?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Can you provide some kind of pointer to the thread? Did you try asking whoever posted it? This has not been true in the past, so unless Sony makes some announcement about new lens options it might be speculation or a mistake. If it is true many people here would be interested since they have written off the HS20 because the throw was too long.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Unless there was a change I think dave is mistaken. I know their high end SXRD gives you a 'no cost' choice, but you are paying $25,000 for the projector so they damn well better!

-Allen

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are right AKM, but I know I have posted the lens information in response to a question that Dave asked before, so I thought maybe he had discovered something new. I'd love to know since my Z2 just shipped today and I can still return it if the HS20 now has short throw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well Sony do have a short-throw conversion lens, part number VPLL-CW10, but it's not "no cost" AFAIK. It decreases the throwing distance of the standard lens by 0.8, so for example the throw distance for a ceiling mount to a 100" 16:9 screen is 3030-3660mm instead of 3850-4640mm, but they cost about US$1400.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Supposedly, there is a review out there that stated this. I'm waiting on more info, but this could be very good news! If there are any HS20 dealers out there that know about this, info would be appreciated!

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Dave is mistaken.

It's a nice dream, but there is no "free" long/short throw option on the HS-20, or on any other pj for that matter.

As was stated above the short throw is the VPLL-CW10 & the long throw is the VPLL-CT10.

I have the latter.

These lenses fit several Sony PJs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.