AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick daft one. my hs20 should be arriving tomorrow or tuesday. at the moment i have a shelf that used to hold my old projector. Its more a less level with the top of the screen. I am going to put the HS20 onto this shelf for the moment.

Should i have the HS20 placed upside down (for better ventalation maybe?) or just have it placed the right way up....

·
Registered
376 Posts
Vicbarry,

The ventilation holes on the HS20 are on its bottom, so placing it upside down would actually help from that perspective. If you place it right side up, you will have to use a lot of keystone correction to get the picture to line up with your screen, if its even possible in that position.

-Gary.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Vicbarry,

If you have the shelf level with the top of the screen it might actually be too high to project onto the screen correctly. Mine is about a foot below the top of the screen and upside. (Ceiling Mount)

Congratulations!

LexMan

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am also wandering how to setup my HS20 inside a shelf. It would be very nice to place it upside down on shelf with proper hight. The cooling should not be a problem as the ventilation holes are in the bottom (ie at the top in this installation).

The alignment should not be a problem as I can adjust the hight of the shelf.

Are there any other technical problems that might harm the projector when its weight is placed on the top of the pj?

Nurre

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I don't see any problem. The HS20 has essentially no vertical offset, so all you should have to do is flip it over. You may want to get some small rubber feet to rest it on, both for stability and getting it level.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hi Vicbarry,

Instead of using a shelf, make a wall bracket. Here is a photo of mine. As you can see, I used a stanley shelf bracket inverted and lagged to the wall.

Al

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If you need the projector closer to the ceiling, cut the cross brace off, and invert the bracket.

the rear clamp will allow the projector to swing left and right to adjust the squareness to the screen.

Al

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. Bobcat i will eventually be mounting it on a ceiling bracket, in my new house. Where are the actual screw holes...are they in the actual projector itself for attaching a bracket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.