AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, before I start let me say thank you to Mikeyboy for his help.

I read the values of the power connections on my HS2000 motherboard with my multimeter. All connectors read zero voltages. I wanted to verify if the ceramic fuse was blown so I temporarily attached a thin wire from the top of the ceramic fuse to the bottom and turned on the unit. The HS2000 turned on (the unit was not turning on - additional information http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=251201 ) and I quickly turned it off. The result verified the fuse was faulty.

I decided to unsolder the fuse by placing the soldering iron on the connections between the fuse and power supply motherboard (two spots) while removing the ceramic fuse with needle nose pliers (ask someone to help you). I purchased Fuses (Radio Shack 3.15Amps 250Volts - item#270-1065) and just in case the fuse blows again I purchased a Fuse Holder (RadioShack item# 1270-1238C). Total cost was $4.13.

I am not an expert on soldering so it wasn't a beautiful connection, but it worked and now my HS2000 is working condition thanks this forum.

zenshikai

:)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Remember in the "good ole days" when every piece of equipment had an external chassis mounted fuse?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
But those were the days that fuses blew out on a schedule.

We've had what? 3 or 4 blown fuse cases reported here?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Congratulations! neat job. Of course, there's no need to actually remove the blown fuse, you could just solder the pigtail wires directly to the end caps (without having to remove the circuit board.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.