AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look at the Sonystyle website description of 30HS420 and 30XS955 TVs, you can see that for HS420 it says just "DRC" but for XS955 it says "Direct Digital II Circuitry DRC".

Does anyone know what is the difference?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconelly
If you look at the Sonystyle website description of 30HS420 and 30XS955 TVs, you can see that for HS420 it says just "DRC" but for XS955 it says "Direct Digital II Circuitry DRC".

Does anyone know what is the difference?
I suspect there is a difference. I know for sure the XBR series has an advanced DRC function. I found this narrative for the 34" XBR at Crutchfield's site:

Sony's Digital Reality Creationâ„¢ (DRC) upconversion circuitry is among the very best at enhancing picture quality and reducing the visibility of horizontal scan lines. It's a way to bridge the gap between conventional video signals and HDTV. This latest version, DRC MultiFunction V1, gives you better results than ever with lower-quality signals like cable TV and VHS tapes. You can fine-tune the level of picture enhancement to match your personal preference...

In the XBR user's manual, the on screen guide shows a matrix that allows the user to select the levels for detail and clarity - it's kind-of a 4-way slider.

Anyway, like I said, there may be a difference in DRC between the XS and HS, I just don't know what it is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.