AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

I've been a happy owner of a HS51A for almost a year, and yesterday... very early AM... felt the need to watch some HD files that I had downloaded (space shuttle launch and such, small stuff) and when I went to turn on the projector, the ON light was red (as in stand by mode) and both LAMP and TEMP leds were flashing yellow.

The manual doesnt indicate a specific condition for both leds flashing.

If I have to treat each individually...

LAMP/COVER flashes: manual says to make sure the lamp and filter covers are securely, and they are.

TEMP/FAN flashes: Fan is broken, consult with Sony personnel.

As I was not going to use it as this, decided to un-plug the unit. Then, later that same day, decided to plug the unit again and then it did not do the problem described before. Instead, the projector's on/stand by led now is alternating between red and green, all the time and very fast. It doesnt turn on at all.

I was wondering if any other HS51 users or similar Sony projectors had this behaviour before and what could it be, are there any fixes aside of going with Sony?

I bought this unit thru E-Bay, I got it for under $800 (with shipping) and lamp, even after almost a year of usage.. is still below 800 hours, most of the time in cinema mode. The last time I had been using it, last saturday, worked fine, no error messages in the screen. Far as I can tell, there was no noticeable image quality change nor it was dimmed, it was working great.

I'd prefer to at least know what it has so I dont get overbilled in the repair.

Thanks in advance...

ELP

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A day after the 2 leds flashing and now the they dont flash anymore but the unit, once plugged in, has the standy/on led switching between green and red like a police car.

Nobody has experienced this before... not even with another Sony PJ?

I bought online the service manual but there's no section about troubleshooting the unit, no meaning to what the leds behaviour means. Is there really nobody that can shed some light please?

ELP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.