AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm done with HSU. While I loved my VTF 3MKII for many years, the amp died with little use, and even though I bought a replacement from HSU which is an updated VTF3MK4 amp, it just sounds dead and flat since I put that amp in it.

I'm sure their newer subs are quite good. But given how fast the electronics died in my first and how $$$ it was to get a replacement amp - only to be unhappy, and to deal with high shipping costs getting a new sub sent from the US to Canada... it just all adds up to - time to give up. Mr HSU has been very kind, very helpful, and its not his fault I'm in Canada

What's my other choices? SVS?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
As mentioned, SVS is the go-to brand when it comes to subs in Canada just because SVS has distribution through sonicboomaudio and you don’t have to deal with border issues.

The 5 year warranty on all parts is also nice

You are definitely a candidate for the PB2000

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3  /t/1521888/hsu-alternative-for-canadian#post_24463823

I'm done with HSU. While I loved my VTF 3MKII for many years, the amp died with little use, and even though I bought a replacement from HSU which is an updated VTF3MK4 amp, it just sounds dead and flat since I put that amp in it.

I'm sure their newer subs are quite good. But given how fast the electronics died in my first and how $$$ it was to get a replacement amp - only to be unhappy, and to deal with high shipping costs getting a new sub sent from the US to Canada... it just all adds up to - time to give up. Mr HSU has been very kind, very helpful, and its not his fault I'm in Canada

What's my other choices? SVS
When I replaced the amp on a sub of mine, it sounded worse.  Turns out, I hooked the wires up backwards, which caused the sub to be out of phase with my speakers.  This of course had quite an impact on the sound.  However, turns out it was user error and not the fault of the amp or the company.  I simply reversed the phase as I did not feel like taking the amp out again 
  That may not be your situation, but it is always possible as humans to make mistakes.  Just suggesting that you take the proper steps to rule out the cause.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would not give up on your HSU just yet. If HSU sold you a replacement amp they did it knowing it was compatible. Double check your wires, if that does not fix your subwoofer contact HSU for a refund on your amp ( if you have not already).

What's max budget for new subwoofer?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.