AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
The first link to the 12" sub is very similar to HSU VTF-2 MK3.

Pretty good for $390 and free shipping.....vardo

·
Registered
8,699 Posts
They are probably all HSU subs with Dayton logos. Specs are usually changed for marketing reasons, lower price= lower value.

Ian

·
Registered
8,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Marcks /forum/post/12266846

Good catch guys

Great bang for the buck Peter!

Ian

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang /forum/post/12265172

They are probably all HSU subs with Dayton logos. Specs are usually changed for marketing reasons, lower price= lower value.

Ian

I would guess they are using Dayton drivers and amps.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang /forum/post/12272013

I would guess they are using Dayton drivers and amps.

I don't think so. Just the names where changed to protect the innocent.

Ian

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang /forum/post/12273304

I don't think so. Just the names where changed to protect the innocent.

Ian

That would certainly be interesting....and incredible value. I was just thinking Dayton could lower the cost by using their own stuff.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang /forum/post/12275470

That would certainly be interesting....and incredible value. I was just thinking Dayton could lower the cost by using their own stuff.

True. But then it wouldn't really be an HSU subwoofer.

Ian

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's why it is called "Dayton HSU12 12" Powered Subwoofer"

"Dayton Audio, known for producing maximum bang for the buck subwoofers, has enlisted the expertise of world-renowned subwoofer designer Dr. Hsu to create the Dayton Audio Elite subwoofer line."

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'm in the market for a new sub, and have been contemplating the SVS PB12-NSD. That is $599 plus shipping. This Dayton (HSU designed) is more than $200 cheaper, with no shipping.

Probably nobody has heard these Daytons, or maybe they have, and compared it to an SVS PB12. Wonder if the extra 200+ for the SVS is worth it?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley /forum/post/12277912

I'm in the market for a new sub, and have been contemplating the SVS PB12-NSD. That is $599 plus shipping. This Dayton (HSU designed) is more than $200 cheaper, with no shipping.

Probably nobody has heard these Daytons, or maybe they have, and compared it to an SVS PB12. Wonder if the extra 200+ for the SVS is worth it?

The HSU is a good deal not to pass up. They must be a rebadged VTF-2 MK3. They were highly praised and you should go for it. The price is outstanding.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm still not convinced that they are just rebadged Hsus.

Be careful with the free shipping...read the fine print. It is $50 credited towards shipping.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang /forum/post/12278150

I'm still not convinced that they are just rebadged Hsus.

Be careful with the free shipping...read the fine print. It is $50 credited towards shipping.

Well, let's ask Peter. Peter, can you give us a clue or confirmation?

·
Registered
4,436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceperson /forum/post/12278433

Out of stock. Boo =(

Available 1/2/08......I can wait. Just need to detemine more about it. I noticed the HSU VTF-2 MK3 has a 350W amp, the one on Dayton's website only has 250....so it appears it's not a rebadged HSU VTF-2 MK3. Not sure that matters much though.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley /forum/post/12278578

Available 1/2/08......I can wait. Just need to detemine more about it. I noticed the HSU VTF-2 MK3 has a 350W amp, the one on Dayton's website only has 250....so it appears it's not a rebadged HSU VTF-2 MK3. Not sure that matters much though.

The HSU VTF-2 MK3 is 250 watts, the older VTF3 MK2 were 350 watts, so these could be rebadged units.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts