AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my HSU sub yesterday and am totally happy.

I know in-walls give up sound compared to regular speakers.

Right now I'm running SLS Q-Line speakers, and am really happy with them too. The sound is perfect matched with my sub and I have no need to upgrade for sound.

However the wife would prefers in-walls. So before mounting these SLS to the wall, I'm considering just getting the 5.0 HSU in-walls combo instead.

Would I be giving up any sound upgrading to the HSU in-walls? Again, I'm REALLY happy with the sound I have now.

Anyone have the HSU in-wall that can comment?

The room is 12 x 12.

Thank you,

Jason

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
I think the Hsu in-walls would sound more authoritative than the SLS speakers which look like HTiB speakers. They will definitely dig deeper and have more bass capability. If you need to get some in-wall speakers, the Hsus are a pretty sure bet for the money. I don't know how big of an upgrade they would be over your existing speakers though.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ  /t/1522676/hsu-in-wall-speakers-anyone-have-them#post_24487596

I think the Hsu in-walls would sound more authoritative than the SLS speakers which look like HTiB speakers. They will definitely dig deeper and have more bass capability. If you need to get some in-wall speakers, the Hsus are a pretty sure bet for the money. I don't know how big of an upgrade they would be over your existing speakers though.

Hmm

I'm scared the in-wall part will make them sound funny, I was hoping someone here had them and could comment before I commit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts