AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will try to keep it brief.

well, the x-sub will not be shipped out until 2/15/06 at the earliest. so i contacted HSU. they are about a 30 minute drive from me (depending on how hellish the traffic is here in L.A. on that particular day). i was asking if they could lower shipping costs to me since it only needed to be shipped roughly 20 miles.

i was told they can't reduce shipping but, if i wanted i could go by their location and pick up the sub and if i paid cash i would incur no sales tax or shipping fees.

so my question is -as i'm getting a little trigger happy -which do you think would be better? x-sub arriving to me around 2/20 ish for $229 shipped. or a drive to HSU on the weekend and carry out an stf-1 (or maybe a stf-2 if i can wheel and deal) for $249?

and i do know these are small subs which is what i want for my very small area. was actually planning whichever way i do go in the end i would eventually add another x-sub or stf-1 in the future and go dual.

oh and i've also considered a mirage lf-100 as well. anyone have experience with them?

·
Registered
190 Posts
If I lived that close to Hsu I would most definitely go there and pick up my sub.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
screw it i may hold off and wait for my x-sub which is what i really have my heart set on. i was getting concerned because i have emailed av123 a few times over the last week and they have yet to respond. but from what i've read they supposedly have good customer service although i've yet to see it. maybe to them i'm a low end customer? i'm loyal though so a good experience goes long way towards future upgrades.

hsu did respond quickly...

gonna sit on it for awhile before i do anything.

·
Registered
732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamanteus /forum/post/0

screw it i may hold off and wait for my x-sub which is what i really have my heart set on. i was getting concerned because i have emailed av123 a few times over the last week and they have yet to respond. but from what i've read they supposedly have good customer service although i've yet to see it. maybe to them i'm a low end customer? i'm loyal though so a good experience goes long way towards future upgrades.

Try posting on their site. If MLS sees this (several emails going un-responded to), someone there will get a butt whoopin'.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input. hopefully i won't have to go that far. but we'll see. in the end it would nicer to have my preordered black x-sub. it would be a little cheaper, which is nice because i am restoring a bronco (taking the winter off from it), and wouldn't have to navigate the hellish traffic here and miss work. plus most importantly- it's what i really wanted.

with hsu, they responded very quickly as we vollied emails back and forth and were very helpful. that is what made me heavily consider them. that and the fact i could have it before 2/15 (black x-sub preorder date). but with gas for the bronco and crazy traffic...

this is a very modest home setup for a very small area. we're renting this place while we save for a home purchase after i finish the bronco. i've recently added some nice little missions surrounds and center (which arrive today) eventually after we purchase our home this set up will go in a smaller room or prbably bedroom. and then i'll go full hog (within reason) on a setup for a bigger area. so right now product quality and customer service dictates a WHOLE bunch on where i'll be headed to purchase my new equipment when we get the new place. had also considered depending on the size of room in the new place of possibly adding another one or 2 of these subs to the equation and then geeting new mains and rears. with house prices the way they are in SoCal we won't be buying a mansion.

does this make sense? i guess what i mean is that not only with av123 but, with a couple of other places i've enquired to, i feel like if you're not ordering $1000 or so worth of equipment, you're almost treated like an afterthought. to me this doesn't seem to be good business practice especially for an ID retailer who depends on word of mouth and reputation. problem is is that i've seen and heard an x-sub an really loved it and really want it. some of the other retailers that blew me off i just scratched off the list for a small sub and also for any business dealings with ever.

but, i'm rambling on here (i'm good at that). again anyone ever heard both subs? opinions between the two? and also anyone ever heard the mirage lf-100 or lf150? thanks guys for all the input.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
adamanteus,

We make it a point to answer emails within 24 hours; may I know the date you sent the email and to what address?

Thanks!

Sean

Quote:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
adamanteus,

I apologize if you feel slighted; a delay in email response sometimes stems from the fact that we spend as much time with each customer as necessary regardless of what they spend. Another issue is spam; we receve ~1000 spam emails per day and usually find one or two real emails in the spam filter. It is possible that your email contained formatting that triggered the spam filter and we missed it when we combed through those messages.

Having the customer service reputation that we do does not come easy so I hope you will give us the benefit of the doubt here; please forward your email to me and I will take care of you.

Thanks,

Sean

Quote:

does this make sense? i guess what i mean is that not only with av123 but, with a couple of other places i've enquired to, i feel like if you're not ordering $1000 or so worth of equipment, you're almost treated like an afterthought. to me this doesn't seem to be good business practice especially for an ID retailer who depends on word of mouth and reputation. problem is is that i've seen and heard an x-sub an really loved it and really want it. some of the other retailers that blew me off i just scratched off the list for a small sub and also for any business dealings with ever.

but, i'm rambling on here (i'm good at that). again anyone ever heard both subs? opinions between the two? and also anyone ever heard the mirage lf-100 or lf150? thanks guys for all the input.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is pretty much the AV123 I dealt with when buying the x-sub for my son. This was the only product I have ever bought from them and it was handled as if I was spending big $$$$. They are a good co. to deal with.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys. sean just sent you the email. off to work. so off the top of my head - excuse me in my rush if i'm not totally accurate on dates here. i sent one last week regarding billing questions. then one on monday. one tuesday. and one last night. the one last night i'm cool with. i'm not trying to be a headache i just wanted some concerns i may have had eased because i really want that little thing.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
It looks like we received only one of those emails you sent (the Wednesday email) and were in the process of getting the information you requested. I am sorry the other emails never reached us. I hope we get the benefit of the doubt in the future!

Thanks,

Sean

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok we got it all straightened out. thanks to sean and john over at av123. i want let everyone know they totally went out of their way to work with me and we reached a great solution. and i will be going with the x-sub which is what i really wanted the whole time.

i also want to say that i never meant for this to become a complaint thread. it was meant to be a comparison thread. this all came about bcause i was totally overwhelmed with this decision. i have researched almost every subwoofer in this size range and larger- you name it i have read any review i could find. it can get mind boggling.

the other reason is because although this sized sub may not be the MOST expensive sub out there it's ALL i need. and to me it seemed like many companies out there would not recognize me as a worthy customer because of it and would not answer any simple inquiries. i'm not a cheapskate but, hey i like a good deal. and i don't buy more than i need- except maybe beer!

i even had not so great service from an online company after i had purchased some bookshelfs recently. this was after the sale and after i had been charged. i wanted a tracking number and 3 or 4 days of emails to them came and went before i sent an email threatening to cancel the order. well then they responded- saying yes they had gotten my previous emails but, had been too busy to respond! this is a fairly well known site too. not too busy to take my money though...

so all of this kind of soured me a bit. but in defense of av123 (you guys need to take a look at your email server system), they rectified the situation once they were aware of it. so it's a happy ending - i get what i really wanted to start with and i gurantee they will get my business later down the line and especially once we get our new home.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.