AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been several years since I last bought a sub and it looks like there are numerous ID companies out there producing subs. I have a large room - 23x18x15 - about 7000 cubic feet (two story open family room). I have NAD separates with Von Schweikert speakers. This is in the family room, where we spend most of our time. I would guess tv/movie watching accounts for about 70% and music about 30%. I recently sold my Servo 15 (ver1) and it did alright in the rooM, but I always felt I needed more. Due to my existing system, I would like a balanced sub that is adept at both HT and music - I like gut wrenching bass and earth shaking LFE effects, but I also like to hear quick, articulate bass when listening to music (rock, pop, some jazz)

I have never personally heard HSU, SVS, Rythmik, Elemental Designs, etc subs. Can anyone out there lend some suggestions for me that has some experience with some of the different subs? A cylinder sub is out, as I need a box due to location requirements. In the past, I would have gladly paid out several grand for a reference sub (like the Paradigm Sub 25..I like it, but the wife would kill me if I came home with it), but with new kids in the house, etc, that is not going to happen these days, so something at $1,500 or less would be ideal. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsum2 /forum/post/16931679

I noticed Epik subs today when browsing the web...I cant really find a lot of reviews on them though??

there is a whole thread here dedicated to Epik subs with tons of owner reviews.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts