AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I got my hsu sub today...after 3 hour drive one way...!!! I really only have one question...How in the heck do you mount that amp? It has no back to it I guess plate style amp. What have y'all done to remedy this? I am open to any suggestions. I was going to build a box but then no airflow...need some more ideas...

Thanks

ART

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I assume you got the 250W plate amp? If so, go ahead and make a box to mount it. It won't hurt.

I power my pair of TN1220HO subs with the surround channels of my Sunfire Cinema Grand power amp (gives 400Wpc at 4Ohms), and the HSU bass optimizer.

You've purchased a monster of a sub!

Sorny

·
Registered
82 Posts
I simply mounted it in the wall and looks great!

Question: I have been listening this sub for a couple of weeks, it sounded a bit muddy at times. Does anyone experience that?

·
Registered
344 Posts
The sound should not be muddy at all, the mud is supposed to be left in the garden. What are all of your system settings, and where is sub placed? Advisable to send your system information to Hsu Research via their internet home page so that you can receive one on one setup help.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The only times I've heard my TN subs sound "muddy" was when I had them calibrated grossly hot (at about 14dB hot).

Have you calibrated your sub properly?

On what material did it sound muddy?

Sorny

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bough mine used but it can get down....I have not calibrated mine yet cause I am waiting on my rockets. It never seemed muddy though. Played thru LOTR like a champ. I even had to turn it down to avoid breaking the windows...haha.

ART

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.