AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My current sub is an old KEF 30B 12" sealed unit, which I got for $200 used. It works ok for it's value, but, I want some REAL bass!

Both my front and back speakers are sealed model, so will be the new sub. The receiver is Onkyo 606, though I only use the pre-out connection. All is in my small bedroom, around 8' x 9' with 8.5' ceiling. There are some photos of my bedroom theater in the below webpage.

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/20...ion2008b/3.htm

So, HUS ULS-15 or Rythmik D15SE ? Thanks in advance!

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
I think the concensus is that the Rythmik offers a bit better SQ, and the ULS will give more output. Either one of those subs will offer incredible output in that closet you call a room....

You should try using the search here, this topic has been covered a multitude of times...

·
Registered
107 Posts
anymore infor on these two? im ready to buy ULS-15 but just found Rythmik D15SE. for dual setup come out little cheaper. 60/40 music/HT

room size about

20 x 26 x 8

open through kitchen

sorry for digging out old thread

·
Registered
814 Posts
To each his own:

From my perspective, the choice is wired vs. remote, densma. If you don't need wireless, and the looks of the Rythmik doesn't bother you, I wouldn't pay extra.

I would imagine from an overall perspective, the differences in both their output and detail would be quite subtle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was on the fence about ULS-15 or Rythmik F15 a few months back. I bought the Rythmik F15 and couldn't be happier. Plenty of output in my roughly 30x18x8 room with all the detail and articulation expected of a Rythmik sub. I had planned on duals, but one has me rethinking that. But, who knows, I might still get a second to improve the nulls in my room.

·
Registered
107 Posts
wireless is the reason im leaning toward ULS. this will help with placement. just nice to have not MUST when comparing saving with Rythmik. i will have to make a decision today.

how is 1 Submersive complete with 2 ULS-15 / 2 Rythmik ? still fall within my price range.

thanks !

·
Registered
111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by densma /forum/post/18165886

wireless is the reason im leaning toward ULS. this will help with placement. just nice to have not MUST when comparing saving with Rythmik. i will have to make a decision today.

how is 1 Submersive complete with 2 ULS-15 / 2 Rythmik ? still fall within my price range.

thanks !

If you want wireless take a look at this solution from aperion. It's received good reviews so far.

http://www.aperionaudio.com/catalog/...utions,84.aspx

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, didn't know my old post is up again!

I still haven't decide yet... or maybe I will order Epik Empire tonight... (cheaper, and may perform as good, or even better??)

regards,

Li On

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.