AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice that SVS no longer advertises on this site while Hsu does. In any case if anyone has had both how do they compare in build quality and once is the best one?

Hugh

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
This is going to get nasty.
Oh, I can feel it also ....

Actually, it's hard to tell why SVS doesn't advertise here. Maybe, they felt the number of clicks that they received from this site wasn't sufficient for the money they were paying. Many things can come into this scenario.

Meanwhile, I'm going to await the fine new products on the way from HSU and read more reviews on the SVS PB2 series.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Well I will answer it somewhat. If you go through all the previous posts here from many years you will find that both are great companies with great products. I think some that have had both will tell you they are alot alike and both good values plus the best woofers for the money. I have an SVS PB2+ and love it. I probably could have gone to HSU and bought something similar and loved it as well. Thats just my take on what all has been said over and over here.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cschang
MRL.....well put!
cschang,

didn't you have both the hsu and svs in your home to audition? just wondering if you'd care to share your impressions from your comparisons seeing as you have both subs in your home...inquiring minds want to know...

·
Registered
15,019 Posts
Mad Dog.....

Yup...but I am not done listening yet, it is easy to say the biggest difference is the shape:) , box vs cylinder. Moving two subs around is a pain in the butt.

As for build quality, I truely think MRL put it best. The types of finishes are different and would be a matter of preference. Build quality is on par with each other.

As for sound, maybe I will have you come over to listen for yourself....and it is easier for two people to move these things.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Quote:
you will find that both are great companies with great products. I think some that have had both will tell you they are alot alike and both good values plus the best woofers for the money.
I could not agree more.

Value for performance is the keyword.

It is no wonder that these two direct market companies do so well making subwoofers. Both companies simply know how to offer excellent value "direct" to us poor customers who do not have enormous bank accounts.

Ddavidson

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not that it may mean anything, but the SVS official support thread on this forum sure is thriving. 1000+ posts. In other words, there are many, many happy SVS owners out there.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The support thread and talking to Ron at SVS is what make my decission. I will say that alot of people have talked to Dr. Hu (sp) at HSU and have had great luck with him too. I think there are probably more SVS owners here on this forum than HSU. I would not mind spending return shipping compairing several internet brands of speakers as there is a huge difference there but the sub is alittle different story. Again both SVS and HSU have great customer service but I was not into trying both. Do I wish I had? not really as I am very happy with my SVS. Will I always wonder what an HSU sounds like.. probably. You still can't go wrong with either one and I hope you question meant in an honest way as owners of each will come on here and start bashing or talking up one or the other and thats not right without trying something that is equal side by side in the same room with the same equipment. Again even then what that person likes you may not. Good luck with what ever you choose and let us know.

·
Registered
632 Posts
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to get nasty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, not if it follows past threads. Most threads agree that both subs are great value for the money. I vote for Hsu, having a VTF-3.

I, like MRL wasn't into shipping in two subs and doing a side by side. Hsu has won a number of awards and has gotten good press in this forum. I'm very happy with Hsu or I would have tried SVS. I wonder about the SVS subs - but not too much and never while listening to my Hsu, they never leave me wanting more bass.

·
Premium Member
9,326 Posts
Hi...Based on history of this type of topic...I will not respectfully close the thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.