AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For music playback. Will be paired with a pair of axiom Mv22 bookshelves, played off a digital panasonic receiver/amp. Room is about 10'x10', but will want a good crossover sub if I decide to put this is a ht setup sometime in the future.

How well does the stf2 handle music playback??

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Get the one that is cheaper.

The STF is in max extension mode which is what you would end up leaving the VTF1 in 99% of the time.

On the HSU Forum they have different shipping weights, but that must be a mistake.

·
Registered
108 Posts
STF2 is out of stock cause its a killer deal. I have one for a month and love it with the panny xr57 and ascends. Louder than I need in 2000 sf room, very tight. Go for it. No need to bother with the VTF1 especially for more cash. I plan to get a second for another setup, same reciever and speakers. You may want to try the vtf2mk3 for another 180 or so for more extension would be the only ???

Anka

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quick question for those familiar with these two subs, I'm debating between the two as a christmas present. The advice looks like STF-2 is the better option in terms of bang for the buck. The HSU website currently has a discount on the VTF-1 - the price difference between the two for satin black is only about $50 right now. Is the upgrade worth $50?

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Here is what Pete_Hsu had to say back in January at Hsu Research's forum regarding the difference between the two:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Hsu /forum/post/0

The VTF-1 has variable tuning capability (ie. ability to choose either max output or max extension mode). Also, the woofer has a bit stronger magnet, and the amplifier is a bit more powerful. However, they are both very good, and the STF makes some sense as a lower cost alternative for those who don't plan on experimenting with output vs extension modes.

I have had three of the VTF series subs and the option to choose between maximum extension and maximum output is nice. If you find you are driving it to hard in ME, you can switch to MO for some more headroom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.