AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i was thinking about upgrading to 2 x TSC T-250. I now have a chance to get a used Hsu VTF-1 along with a pair of HB-1 fronts for a real good price. Now i would be running this in a room that is 9'h x 14'w x 16'l with a large fish tank at the back of the room that acts like a room divider to the kitchen and open door way to the kitchen. I also have a velodyne VX-10 that i was going to sell but may just run it along with the vtf-1. Would i just be better off just running the VTF-1 by it self? Also another question is about the ports, do you guys who have this sub play with the foam alot when listening to movies then listening to music? It will be mostly used for movies and games and a little music.

Thank you

·
Registered
8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatee /forum/post/15569814

Hi,

i was thinking about upgrading to 2 x TSC T-250. I now have a chance to get a used Hsu VTF-1 along with a pair of HB-1 fronts for a real good price. Now i would be running this in a room that is 9'h x 14'w x 16'l with a large fish tank at the back of the room that acts like a room divider to the kitchen and open door way to the kitchen. I also have a velodyne VX-10 that i was going to sell but may just run it along with the vtf-1. Would i just be better off just running the VTF-1 by it self? Also another question is about the ports, do you guys who have this sub play with the foam alot when listening to movies then listening to music? It will be mostly used for movies and games and a little music.

Thank you

I would get the HSU HB-1s and the VTF-1 since you can get them for a really good price. After that you can try using both subs at the same time versus only one. If you like the way it sounds, keep both subs.

I've tried various combinations of single subs, duals that are not matched, duals that are matched, etc.

Running duals that are not matched does not have to be a problem. If you like the sound, keep both subs.

I would play with different placement, settings. When you are satisfied that you know which sounds better, you can sell one sub or keep both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts