AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is my first home theater sub and hopefully my last for awhile. I just received it yesterday and only had little time to play around with it. I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer.

First, I noticed when I set the Level of the sub using my Denon 4800 test tone it is a rumble and my SPL meter jumps around alot so getting an accurate reading is difficult. Is there a better way of setting the level of the sub?(all speakers are 75db and the sub around 80db).

Second, What kind of settings are you people using for music, and movies. I noticed when I switched to a cd say RUSH Tom Sawyer the bass lacked from where I had it set for the DVD movies and had to turn the volume on the back up. Am I going to have to do this whenever I want to switch from one to the other and recalibrate everytime? Also playing CD's should I flip the switch to 32hz and take the plug out?

Do you leave your plug in during movies and what side? I know I probably have to hear what sounds best in my room but I just like to hear what everyone is doing.

Plus theres that crossover thingamajigger. Dr. Hsu said my receiver crosses at 80hz and to set the sub to out and level at 8 o' clock. Meaning set the crossover knob around 40 to 50 hz(correct?)

Alright, I'm ending this because I'm rambling now.

Thanks

Pete

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.