AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulling the trigger on one of these today.

Any opinions on which I should go for?

I have a pretty large room, and the rest of the downstairs is open plan. Ceilings are 9ft. The sub will be seated where a plant is on the lower floor in the lower corner of the great room, just by the stairs.

Floor is tile.

Which one would you get ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang /forum/post/20897794

Both designed by Dr. Hsu.

Very similar.....performance wise, a coin toss. Pick the one that looks better to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach /forum/post/20897864

If you are going with the Outlaw sub, I would take the LFM-1 EX sub for your space...

I went with the HSU VTF-2 MK3 in the end.. Because it was less expensive. I did call Outlaw and tried to haggle, asking if they'd match because it was labor weekend
But they said no.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
What cschang said. Unless you have a way of comparing the two, you probably will be fine no matter what you choose. You could also go larger on the Outlaw unless you're constrained by money or WAF issues.

·
Registered
344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc46 /forum/post/20897983

I went with the HSU VTF-2 MK3 in the end.. Because it was less expensive. I did call Outlaw and tried to haggle, asking if they'd match because it was labor weekend
But they said no.

Congrats on the MK 2! I am running Audessy in my theater riiiight now with my MK2...added some more seating...some pals are coming over for movie and concert DAY and NIGHT tomorrow.

You will hear nice articulate bass with music and get ready for the Bang of LFE!

Tell us what you think once you get to listen to that gem at home.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc46 /forum/post/20897983

But they said no.

what were the prices of the two. i just bought the outlaw for 549 shipped? I'm confused cause when i look the price of the hsu is more. fill me in.. I'm guessing one was on sal e the other wasn't

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skichiiwa /forum/post/21524663

what were the prices of the two. i just bought the outlaw for 549 shipped? I'm confused cause when i look the price of the hsu is more. fill me in.. I'm guessing one was on sal e the other wasn't

He was talking about the VTF-2, equivalent to the Outlaw LFM-1 Plus, not the VTF-3, and that post was in Sept 2011????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.