95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering how hsu compares to a few paradigm subs

the hsu is specs say down to 20hz +-1 db

the servo will go down to14 +- 3db

at the price level of the hsu is the pw2200 18+- 3 db

a mid option between the pw and servo price point is seismic 10 at 21+-3 db

My needs are for musical sub with clean response to minimum 20 hz freq respo

Under 20 hz is the icing supposed to be offered in the hsu vtf ho but who knows when that will be avaialbe. 6 months at least.

any help for choosing between these 4 is appreicated

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I was confused until I saw that you are in Canada. In the US, the Hsu is a couple of hudred dollars less than the PW2200, and half the price of the Servo-15. Are they closer in price in Canada?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In canada the the vtf3 and the pw200 are within about $50 (thanks to cheap paradigm pricing in canada).

The seismic 10 is about $500 more than the vtf3/pw200

The servo is about $1300 over the first 2 (all prices street)

I'm aware that these are different price ranges, I'm just wondering how the hsu compares to a paradigm that is the same price, moderately more expensive and substantialy more expensive.

My budget can go up to the servo, but I can only hear the paradigm stuff locally, and have read so much about the hsu here at avs.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Screw it, I say get a pair of HSU VTF3 MK2 subs and don't turn back!!! My guess is dual VTF3s would pair up against the servo15 easy plus would have great room response!!! :D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by udp
just wondering how hsu compares to a few paradigm subs

the hsu is specs say down to 20hz +-1 db

the servo will go down to14 +- 3db

at the price level of the hsu is the pw2200 18+- 3 db

a mid option between the pw and servo price point is seismic 10 at 21+-3 db

My needs are for musical sub with clean response to minimum 20 hz freq respo

Under 20 hz is the icing supposed to be offered in the hsu vtf ho but who knows when that will be avaialbe. 6 months at least.

any help for choosing between these 4 is appreicated
specs are meaningless!!! well almost. You need to know what the output is at your listening levels are at a minimum. Just getting to a freq means nothing if you don't have the SPL to go with it.

What are your size contraints? Dual VTF3s would be sweet, the Servo 15 is great. A couple SVS PB-10s would be an excellent lower cost option as well. I'd steer away from smaller box solutions if you have the room for larger boxes...it is far easier to get a low Q and good response with a decent size box. Also if you are concerned with SQ please research into room EQ and treatments, as they will have a huge impact on the musicality of any sub you use.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Guys I have dual VTF3 MKIIs and can tell you that duals are definately sweet. Each subs is calibrated seperately to 85dB with the RS meter(which makes them about 3 dBs hot), Then I also get an additional 3 or 4dB boost just from having two subs(one in each front corner). That's an additional 6 or 7 dB and that makes a huge difference during movies like Flight of the Phoenix. One was great but two is just insane.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.