AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the ht-1000 yesterday. Mounted it on the ceiling today and wired it all up.

Everything is great, except for one minor issue which I am sure is something I am doing wrong.

every time I switch from s-video to RGB I have to use the auto adjust for the RGB. In the setup menu I have auto adjust selected and RGB is selected for the RGB input, But I still got push auto adjust every time I switch over.

What am I doing wrong? Is thier a memorized setting that I am overlooking? Or is it that my video card is not setup right, 1024X768 60hz?

Thanks

dave

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Hmmm. I have a similar problem with the LT240. Yet, the HT1000 I had did not have the problem at all!

On my LT240, I would frequently need to hit auto-adjust on VGA input, when switching from another input (and sometimes on power up), otherwise the picture is off center and there are noticeable "crawlies". However, this could be a cabling issue, as I used a short VGA cable mated with a VGA cable extender with the LT240, but a single cable with the HT1000.

Maybe try taking down the HT1000, and hook it up to a shorter, single, cable. If the problem goes away, it is a cable problem.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I originaly had a short cable and it was the same problem. I now have a heavy duty 50', but I first started with a 10'.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I switch between DVI aand RGB all the time. Each swirch results in the RGB or DVI symbol in the upper right corner which indicated it is adjusting.

What firmware do you have?

Joel

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I switch between DVI aand RGB all the time. Each swich results in the RGB or DVI symbol in the upper right corner which indicated it is adjusting.

What firmware do you have?

Joel

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get the rgb symbol whenI switch, andI do get a picture, but the source is bigger than the screen size and the colors are off. After I hit auto adjust everything is fine. There is no resolution adjustment when the ht-1000 is in rgb so I don't think it is a projector setting.

What do HTPC owners set thier video card output to 1024X768, 60 hz?

that is what mine is set to.

thanks

dave

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
mine is also set to 1024x768-

what is the component/rgb input set to? I suggest RGB only.

Joel

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its set to rgb only i dont know which firmware version it is but it must be one of the last ones since it was fabricated in feb, 2003

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.