AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reviewing materials for FP's for some time, and from member reviews feel the HT 1000 would be a good choice. Does anyone know where I could demo one in the Houston area? NEC gave me the name of a commercial dealer, but they don't have an Ht !000. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
NEC has a in home demo for 3 days.

But, you have to pay for some shipping, which amount to about ~$50.

I think it not a bad deal.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Umm, I just called NEC and looked like an idiot trying to get a demo. They said they have no NEC demo program for this projector. Any demos would have to be arranged from a reseller on their terms.

Tim Huey

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to6cess and Tim for your replies. It seems strange that a PJ as popular as the HT 1000 is so hard to demo. I'm willing to drive as far as Austin or San Antonio to see one in action with a 92 or 100" screen in a room with various degrees of light control.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i would suggest finding a dealer with a good return policy.

the one i used allowed no more than 4 hrs on the bulb, and i had to pay 2 day return shipping, and had to have it back in 7 days.

the shipping amounted to about $70, iirc.

i did this back in July.

because of cedia, i sent it back, even though i was pretty sure it was the pj i would eventually end up with.

be careful though, because some place will ding you a re-stocking fee if you go over a certain amount of hours on the bulb.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ckolchak.Thanks. This is my first FP so I don't have a screen set up. My proposed roon also does not have a large enough wall to project on. My plan is to install a fixed screen in front of a room sized curtain (about 15 ft wide)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AlrighthThen,

Thanks for the info. If nothing comes up in the next few days I'll get back to you. Would like to see an HT -1000 before the rebate expires.

Are there any AVS Members in the Houston area with a unit installed that would be interested in letting me have a look? I would be happy to bring along some of your favorite beverage.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.