AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a b/s post - I'm genuinely interested in what might be going on...

Last week I took delivery of a SIM2 ht200DM. It's in my HT, next to my Electrohome ECP4500, and it's going to displace it very soon (I'm that thrilled by its performance). But that's not what I want to say.

I suffer from depression, and since I got the SIM2 I suddenly cheered up. I mean *really* cheered up.

I hadn't even thought of connecting the installation of a new projector to the lifting of my depression, but then I remembered reading about an anti-depression technique which uses coloured lights, rapidly moving across the horizontal field of vision. Several experiments have shown that this kind of light therapy can help a lot of depressives.

Well, what do DLP projectors do, except precisely that?

I've seen quite a few postings from people who say that DLP projectors make them nauseous, and I'm sure it's all part of the same thing. Sublimanally, that rotating colour-wheel is having its effect.

Some people get nausea; In my case, I feel more cheerful.

Has anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I on the other hand suffered depression since buying my projectors as the bills came in. Just kidding. That's great that you're feeling better :)

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
I hope Seleco does not read this they will likely:

a) charge more for the DM200

b) tout this as a new feature

c) market mental hospitals

Seriously, I'm glad you are feeling better, for whatever the cause..

Take care,

-- Cain

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh my God... to think we could all have set up as "colouyr therapists" and got back the money we spent on the 200 Dms! Still, we English are famous for spotting trends and never making any money out of them...

·
Registered
423 Posts
With the proper CPT and ICD9 codes it should be possible to be reimbursed by your health insurance company.

Perhaps MVS (Medical Video Systems) should look into this.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi greg,

I know the 200DM is a remarkable projector, and I'm really happy to hear it helps to chase away your blues. After the last week here in NYC, I really haven't had the desire to watch any movies, but this weekend I will give it a test. I got the blues big time, and maybe it'll help some.

Cheers,

Peter M

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hi Greg

Maybe should have got the HT250 instead of the HT200DM.

With the HT250 you could have enyioed even more RBE!!

That way you might have been even happier :)

PS:I have nausea when I try to explain my wife, why I want a new projector................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.