Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alan,

Do feel that the RGBRGB colorwheel adds more color saturation to the equation??? You are one of the few that has a good eye and has certainly experimented with both units.. I like DLp but not happy with overall color saturation on the one-chippers ..I know the Archimedes color wheel is supposed tio add roughly 40% more saturation. Just wondered if the RGBRGB did the same.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Well...RGBRGB may increase saturation, but not because of the 6 segmetns, but because of the lack of a clear section. Other than that, it mostly reduces the rainbow artifact.

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
The lack of the clear section definitely helps with the satuaration level. One of the key reasons the reds are so much better on the HT200DM is that they also have increased the size of each red filter. This makes the red levels rival that of 3 chip DLPs. The only real drawback is that you lose brightness when doing this (650 lumen rating).

Thanks!

------------------

Jason Turk

AV Science, Inc.
http://www.avscience.com

716-454-1460 ext.204

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Didn't know that...I guess that has nothing to do with the fact that there are 6 vs 3 segments though, right? As in, they could do the same with three segments.

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.