AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running my Motorola DCT6416 Cable box ( Comcast ) using HDMI to my receiver SAT input. Then running another HDMI cable to my T.V. I receive all HD channels with no problem. When I switch over to a standard def channel I get no sound or picture. If anyone could help me out with this issue , it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It could be the cable box. Try running HDMI directly from the Motorola DCT6416 Cable box to the TV. If that does not work the problem is with the Motorola DCT6416 Cable box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I, too, have the AS720 and a Comcast cable box, and I have encountered this problem occasionally as well. Double-check your "4:3 Override" settings on the cable box. You can do this by turning off the power and then hitting the "Menu" button on your remote.

Apparently, the AS720 doesn't like passing a 480i signal over HDMI, so any other setting here will do (though I don't personally recommend "Stretch"). I have mine set to "Off" so everything comes through at 1080i. This has the added benefit of getting rid of the delay that comes with a resolution change when switching from HD to SD (at least on my TV). Every once in a while, this box resets itself to 480i, so I have to go in and change it again. I'm assuming this has something to do with the handshaking issues that have been widely reported about with the AS720.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts