AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear,

I have two pairs L/R of Def. Tech. monster speakers ie 3000BP and 2000BP = 4 speakers;

I have on Center Speaker part of 3000series.

Can I used for eg.

3000 as Front LR

2000 as Rear LR

and 3000C as center to make surround speakers?

This may be a dumb question, I don't know if front speakers can ever be the used for rear.

Here is a curve ball... My Home theater is 17ft X 14ft; are these speakers way too over-spec for my space?

Thanks, Amar.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar143 /forum/post/16978211

Dear,

I have two pairs L/R of Def. Tech. monster speakers ie 3000BP and 2000BP = 4 speakers;

I have on Center Speaker part of 3000series.

Can I used for eg.

3000 as Front LR

2000 as Rear LR

and 3000C as center to make surround speakers?

This may be a dumb question, I don't know if front speakers can ever be the used for rear.

Here is a curve ball... My Home theater is 17ft X 14ft; are these speakers way too over-spec for my space?

Thanks, Amar.

Yes, you can.

Try it and find out.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
You have to decide if you want to use the built in sub in the 2000, how you are going to configure them, and how to position them. I would try placing them up against the side walls (with the subs facing out ) so that the mids and highs fire north and south, (as side surrounds). If the 2000 has a separate LFE input you could use multiple subs and set the receiver to "small" speaker setting, let the subs do the heavy work. You need to gather info on using/placing multiple subs in the room. As a start, you could keep it simple and not hook up the subs in the 2000's at all just to see if you like them as surrounds. My guess is you will like them as surrounds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have designed this schematic. I am new to speakers/amps/receivers/projector

Attachment 153015

My questions are

1/ How to I switch between TV vs Projector without upgrading my current RX-V1 yamaha receiver.

2/ Since I use optical cables from source to receiver am I loosing the sound quality, if so, should I use the component cables from sources thru receiver instead then? (totally ignoring HDMI?)

3/ If I have to buy better receiver at ~$300, what do you recommend?

Thanks for advice. My HT room size is 17x12

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Why on earth would you want to go from a $3000 receiver to a $300 one?????
Quote:
1/ How to I switch between TV vs Projector without upgrading my current RX-V1 yamaha receiver.
Why do you have both a TV and a projector? Why do you have a two DVD players? What is the Toshiba doing for you that the blu-ray player won’t? It would be easier to make some recommendations if you explain how you use this system.
Quote:
2/ Since I use optical cables from source to receiver am I loosing the sound quality, if so, should I use the component cables from sources thru receiver instead then? (totally ignoring HDMI?)
There is no sound quality difference between optical and HDMI. Both are digital protocols.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts