AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd thought I'd throw in my 2 cents into this type of thread. It looks like several of us are in the throes of putting the ht together. After having the PJ hung up and operational since last June, I thought it was about time to finish the basement,,,or was it that I spend most of my time in my "office" in the basement freezing in the winter that is pushing me to get it done?

We are also doing a bathroom as well. I wish I had a clean and empty room to work in though, we have collected so much,,well, let's just call it "stuff". I have to move stuff around just to frame out a room. I've framed out the HT, and the office, the bathroom will be next week or the week after. Work seems to be getting in the way and the sound of a saw or hammer at night is enough to cause a divorce, so I catch an hour whenever I can, usually right after dinner when the kids are cranky and need to go to bed. "Hey honey, can you put the kids to bed,,I need to work on the basement." I do have all the lighting and electrial outlets wired up,,but I'm too chicken to connect them into the main box. I'll get over that fear real quick though to get the job done!! I'll have some photos up on my website once I get off my arse. The old pics before I really started in earnest are here
http://home.mchsi.com/~fourkeelers/index.html

I'll update it next weekend.

More to follow,

Robert

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HEre it is three months later, and I finally have primer on the walls !!

It's going a LOT slower than I imagined, but I do expect to paint next weekend Works going to get in the way this week. Home Depot has a Behr "sandwash" paint that I really like, not sure if I'll pull the trigger though as eventually I may do part two of the HT and add wainscotting and batting on the top half, so the grade of paint wouldn't be an issue.

See ya in a couple of weeks!

Killer,

aka Robert

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.