AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my dad the HT-BD2E samsung bluray player sound system. It sounds great, but we're having a slight issue. In order to hear the television programs, we have to do an audio out of the tv and into the player. That's fine, but this is where the problem starts. Originally I got him a digital optical cable, and we ran it from the TV to the player. And then we set it on D-IN, but... there's no sound. (and yes it's hooked up properly) So, to remedy, he's just using the red/white stereo hookup cables and we do the sound thru the AUX source input.

Anyone know a reason why we're not getting sound when using an optical cable and set on D-IN? As far as I can tell, the cable is perfectly fine. I've messed with the menus of both the TV and HT-BD2E, however there is no setting that could remedy this as far as I know.

Can anyone help? I want my dad to be able to use optical sound input from the tv.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmmm no idea, I want to say I tried that and mine didnt work either BUT my question is wouldnt it be better if you hooked up his cable box to the player with the optical cable? unless he doesnt have a cable box?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelatl /forum/post/15587517

Hmmm no idea, I want to say I tried that and mine didnt work either BUT my question is wouldnt it be better if you hooked up his cable box to the player with the optical cable? unless he doesnt have a cable box?

That particular cable box doesn't have an optical hookup.

·
Registered
103 Posts
There are 2 optical inputs on the BD2E. You alternate selecting which one by hitting the D-in button a second time (then third time, etc.).

Try both optical in ports and try selecting each one.

Also you didn't mention the TV model, but ensure you have the TV setup to output Audio over it's Digital output.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts