AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of a book or collection of actual blueprints or detailed layouts for various home theaters? I need to start planning my basement build so any advice or suggestions would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Unless your room dimensions, budget, desires, and environment are identical, you won't be able to use a professional blue-print from another project. Each room and owner has their own set of desires and challenges.

But, you've come to the right place. I suggest you mark this forum as your new web browner homepage and set aside a couple hours a night for the next month to learn what you need. Or hire a professional designer.

Oh.. and whatever you think your budget is right now.. double it.

The experts on this forum are extremely generous with their advice and help. But to earn that help you will need to take the first few steps. Identify the general dimensions of the room or area that you have to work with. Make an attempt at a diagram of the room dimensions that you can share so people can visualize the space. Identify any impediments that will make things hard (furnace/hvac ducts/low ceilings, support poles and beams, etc..) Give an idea of the budget you have to work with and your goals and then ask for some help to get you going.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,382 Posts
step one draw a birds-eye view of the rough space you have to work with and approximately where you think a theater can go. Take a picture and post a thread asking for input on your layout. You will get several suggestions. Once we see what space you have we might offer suggestions as to what construction threads might be most useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts