Discussion Starter #21
Some materials arrived...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
AAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

For the last two months I've been working on and off on my plans that I need to submit to the city for my permit. I tried twice now and got shut down twice, metaphorically speaking.

It looks like I won't be able to do this part of the project. I need a designer and a professional. That's going to set me back on timeline and budget!!

They also rejected the clip and channel with double 5/8 drywall board sound dampening. Urgh! I already emailed Tim from Soundproofingcompany.com

Since my HT will be in the basement next to my gas heating equipment they are clearly super strict. A ton of feedback and comments. Rightfully so, not asking for shortcuts, but it certainly is not going to be as easy to do DIY as I hoped.

Vent over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Continuing my forum-log of my progress....

In between Covid, work and normal life I continued to work on my HT.

Did so many things, except the actual HT room...
1) new router and APs. Netgear Orbi is no good for me, Ubiquity Dream Machine Pro is amazing, pro-sumer grade for sure and works like a charm
2) makeshift server rack. I bought two 42U posts and mounted them on 2x4s. Doesn't look that great yet but really organizes the space.
3) bought a 2nd hand Marantz AV7702 mkii here on the forum followed by two entry level amps, both here from forum members.
4) bought 3 of the design HTM-12s and started building them, just finished first coat of primer today.

Watched Hans Zimmer live in Prague last night on with the new amps.and processor, it brought a smile to my face. Can't wait for the new HTM-12s to be done.

Makeshift av rack, very primitive but will be finished when the actual room gets done...still need to ge a pet from the city.

I cut my cabinets for the HTM-12s from 2 sheets of MDF, took me a whole day. I wonder if it was worth it. Should just have bought flat packs.

Started assembling, went pretty quick although I didn't have enough clamps. Did one box a night.after everyone went to bed and I used Brad nails to help me keep the edges together.

Ready for paint! Took 3 hours to sand and router, with flush bit, all overlapping edges.

Then filled in some gaps and minor joint issues with bond. Be aware, this stuff sets in minutes!!

First coat of primer done.

Seems are invisible, great job, even if I have to say so myself.

Reactions: pkinneb
21 - 23 of 23 Posts