AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Home Theater Clubs in Maryland. I have just moved here from Colorado and am interested in joining a club. Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'd be interested as well. Maybe we could start one?

Dan

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Huntingtown is in Calvert County which seems to be an hour from everywhere it seems. :) I am interested in all ranges of HT equipment but hope to one day build a dedicated home theater in the basement. I had a very small one back in Colorado. Lets see how many other people are in Maryland and see if we can start a club if there are none currently. Any clubs in Northern VA or Delaware?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Hey guys, what are your setups?

Dedicated room? media room? Living room? CRT vs. Digital? HTPC vs. Video Processor?

Looking back at my questions you could probably guess my config. I didn't even realize it.

I have a dedicated room I am building, using a CRT projector(Barco Data 800) with an HTPC (Radeon Based) I use a Denon AVR-881 A/V receiver with 7 DCM speakers (sides and surrounds mounted in columns) and 1 160watt DCM Sub. I consider myself the Fred Sanford of HT as I obtained most of my stuff very cheap or by bartering. :) I'd be interested to see what you guys are doing in your homes.

Dan

·
Registered
667 Posts
Bump for this idea.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like that's 5 people in MD that are interested in HT systems. There must be more people. How long do these threads stay on the boards? Hopefully we can get some more people in the loop. I have a Low End thing going on in my LR, mostly because I live in an apartment.

I am looking to be a homeowner this spring and

will most likely do something different (Better) then what I have now.

I have a Technics DD/DTS receiver and speakers Sony DVD, and RCA Direct View TV. I am pretty satisfied with it right now.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Let's keep it going fellas.

By the way DynamoDimWit: Welcome to the forum! :) :)

Dan

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At the moment I do not have a HT. Still have not sold the house in Denver so living in an apartment with most of the equipment still in Denver. I have a Lexicon DC-1, Acrcus 200 watt AMP, NHT VT-2 LR, VS-2 center speakers and Toshiba DVD player. I had a 52 RCA Rear Projection TV but leaving that with house in Denver. I sold the sub-woofer and NHT Super Zero surround speakers before I left Denver. I want to go with a DLP Front Projector with a 100" or larger screen and a 7.1 sound setup whenever I get a new house. In the basement I will build the dedicated HT myself to save money and since I enjoy doing that kind of work.

I belonged to a HT club in Denver for a couple of months before I moved. The very first meeting was held at a restaurant so everybody could meet. Other meetings were held in somebody's house. One meeting was a tour of the Clark company that makes the tactile transducers since they were located near Denver. Dunlavy speakers is located in Colorado Springs and I know a tour was scheduled there but I had moved before it took place.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would definitely be interested in joining a club in Maryland. I am in Baltimore..

I have a Sony VPL-VW10HT, two HTPCs (HiPix HD in one), Dish 5000 w/modulator and a DTC-100. Please include me on any club plans.

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
667 Posts
Let's look at a date in early Dec. for the first get together. I liked JFisher's idea of meeting at a restaurant the first time to get to know each other and then host the events revolving to one anothers theaters. As we grow we can look at doing some tours elsewhere. What do you all think?

DIZ2

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would also be interested!! I'm in Bethesda!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would also be interested!! I'm in Bethesda!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I would also be interested. I live in Olney. I would go from Bethesda/Rockville to as far north as Columbia.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
If you'll accept someone from the fine Commonwealth of Virginia, I'd be happy to join in, particularly if its somewhere in the Montgomery County - Bethesda area. Check my sig for my setup. In a few weeks, I'll be installing all of it in my newly remodeled basement and would appreciate some help with the wiring, setup, cable terminations, etc. Maybe a Saturday afternoon in early December?

- Ken

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I live in Calvert County (J Fisher email me) and work in Mont. County. I also vote for a Bethesda/Rockville meeting place. How about Dave & Busters in Rockville? Drive would be within 60 minutes for everyone. How about Saturday Dec. 1st? No need to limit group to Md, anyone else interested from D.C. (David Boulet are you out there?) and Virginia? Surely there's more than 5 members of this forum from the Baltimore/Washington/Northern Virginia area. With all the knowledge on this forum it would be a shame for this not to happen. :(

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.