AVS Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2452 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
I've just started looking at theater seating. I would like to get seats with a power headrest but do not like the headrests that move out and up which so many of these seem to have. We are only 5'3" and 5'9"
and find the seats we have tried out with these types of headrests to be very uncomfortable. Do any of your seats have the power headrest option that just moves out, lifting your head out without rising as well?

Thanks
You should take a drive down to our showroom in chicago from milwaukee.

HT Design Sheffield does not move up just in, you should consider that seat.

We also have Somerset that is manual adjustable headrest that moves in.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
534 Posts
You should take a drive down to our showroom in chicago from milwaukee.

HT Design Sheffield does not move up just in, you should consider that seat.

We also have Somerset that is manual adjustable headrest that moves in.

Regards,
Alan
Hi, thank you for that info. I live in the Milwaukee area and see that you guys are in Chicago so I'll likely come down and try a few. Do you have the Sheffield in your showroom? Would also like to try the Pembroke and Belmont per the recommendations above.
-Chris

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Hi, thank you for that info. I live in the Milwaukee area and see that you guys are in Chicago so I'll likely come down and try a few. Do you have the Sheffield in your showroom? Would also like to try the Pembroke and Belmont per the recommendations above.
-Chris
Yes, we have all our styles in the showroom so you should call for an appointment.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my Devonshire seats for over a year now. I'm really enjoying them. One thing I'm getting tired of though is each individual seat slides very easily on my hardwood floors. How can I keep them from sliding? How can I keep each seat together? It's becoming a huge hassle to keep pushing the seats together.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've had my Devonshire seats for over a year now. I'm really enjoying them. One thing I'm getting tired of though is each individual seat slides very easily on my hardwood floors. How can I keep them from sliding? How can I keep each seat together? It's becoming a huge hassle to keep pushing the seats together.
I have not done this yet but I plan to.

You can flip the chairs so you can see the bottom and you can use long/strong zip ties to tie the chairs together on the bottom. Just pick a good structural piece on the bottom of each chair.

Seems like it would do the trick.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
My wife is 5 ft and loves our Belmont’s we just got w adjustable head rest . I don’t know If that helps any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife isn't especially tall...nor am I for that matter. Our family loves our Belmont double sofa.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
You might try rubber floor pads that go under furniture feet first, that might do the trick without going to the zip ties.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks everyone! I had rubber pads but they'd still would move out of position pretty easily. I ended up getting these heavy duty zip ties: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07545HGR5/

The zip ties work fantastic! They fit through the larger holes in the front and back of the frames. I used two ties per hole and got them very nice and tight. They don't drift at all now no matter how hard I push on them! They also hold my removable arm rests really tight now. I feel like I could place a drink in the removable arm rests now when before I was nervous about doing so with how loose they are. I feel like some of these zip ties should be shipped with future chairs - they're working that good for me.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Thanks everyone! I had rubber pads but they'd still would move out of position pretty easily. I ended up getting these heavy duty zip ties: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07545HGR5/

The zip ties work fantastic! They fit through the larger holes in the front and back of the frames. I used two ties per hole and got them very nice and tight. They don't drift at all now no matter how hard I push on them! They also hold my removable arm rests really tight now. I feel like I could place a drink in the removable arm rests now when before I was nervous about doing so with how loose they are. I feel like some of these zip ties should be shipped with future chairs - they're working that good for me.
You are using on hardwood floor correct?

On our HT Design chairs, you should not have to use any zip tie connectors though on carpet, most people use the chairs on carpet from my informal survey, as carpet should keep the chairs together fairly well unless carpet has smooth pile. If your on tile or hardwood floor this might be the way to go. You should though be careful to no get out of chair while reclined as that could damage the chair if your zipped tied together, you should make sure to tell guests to de recline if you have zipped your chairs together.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
9 Posts
You are using on hardwood floor correct?

On our HT Design chairs, you should not have to use any zip tie connectors though on carpet, most people use the chairs on carpet from my informal survey, as carpet should keep the chairs together fairly well unless carpet has smooth pile. If your on tile or hardwood floor this might be the way to go. You should though be careful to no get out of chair while reclined as that could damage the chair if your zipped tied together, you should make sure to tell guests to de recline if you have zipped your chairs together.

Regards,
Alan
Yes I said earlier I'm on a hardwood floor. I didn't think about getting a carpet area rug for the chairs as even having rubber pads they'd eventually drift apart in a week or two. That's good to know that most people are using them on carpet. For the zip ties there is still some slack in them (I'd say 1-2 millimeters of slack.) I tested the recline functionality of each one and it's unhindered. I ziptied them through the frame by the holes near the LED strip and on the back.

I already tell guests to not to get out of the chairs while they're reclined. I've always done so by habit.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've had my seats for a couple of years and have been very happy with them. With that said, I wouldn't recommend buying bass shakers. I added two with a dedicated 150 watt amp and I can barely feel them. This is in a basement with carpet over cement floors. Spend the money on an additional sub if you need more kick.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
I've had my seats for a couple of years and have been very happy with them. With that said, I wouldn't recommend buying bass shakers. I added two with a dedicated 150 watt amp and I can barely feel them. This is in a basement with carpet over cement floors. Spend the money on an additional sub if you need more kick.
That interesting other guys have put bass shakers in with better results. Which ones do you have?

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
What seats. I am considering putting Dayton bass shakers in my Pembroke seats but haven’t been able to find a good spot under the seats to mount them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ended up getting a little vibration in them by bumping the subwoofer AVR setting by +6 and turning down my sub. These are the Easthamptons.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
This is in a basement with carpet over cement floors. Spend the money on an additional sub if you need more kick.
Although a much more significant investment than butt kickers/bass shakers, that's exactly why I bought twin PSA V1811 subwoofers for my basement theater. Leave no doubt, I always say...

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
This seems to be Dayton knock off of the Aura, wonder if its not as good as aura? as I only have reports of aura, buttkicker and clark.

I like the idea though from other guys in getting 2 subs instead.

Regards,
Alan

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
What HT Design seats do you have? Good idea on the 2 subs and the dedicated amp, I have 2 atlantic 642 subs myself.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
220 Posts
When is the next sale coming up? I'm just starting the process of looking at options and not in a rush. Also, looks like the Pembroke are the widest, is that correct?
Thanks!
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,253 Posts
When is the next sale coming up? I'm just starting the process of looking at options and not in a rush. Also, looks like the Pembroke are the widest, is that correct?
Thanks!
Mark

I think there's a sale going on now?

2001 - 2020 of 2452 Posts