AVS Forum banner

401 - 420 of 2452 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
my screen is 130" diagnol (where i got the first measurement from)...its 120"x54" 2.35

and yes the columns do come into play for the aisle...they are about 4" in depth...so about 122" from column to column 130" from wall to wall
stay with pagets then as you only have 120 to work with as you put seats between columns. If you need quote, email me.

Thanks
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Pagets arrived yesterday AM in perfect shape. They went together easily and they look fantastic! The power recline is totally worth the extra cost and the included tables are very nice.

I am VERY happy with this purchase and with the service from the HT Market team. Kudos!

Attachments

Reactions: rkb2112

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Hey all - the LED floor lighting is simply way too bright for me. I thought I read somewhere that they can be unplugged, but I can't find that post and my seats do not look to have a "plug" for that LED strip that I can see. Am I missing something? Can the wires just be snipped and capped off?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
As happens so often in this hobby, HT Design has made my decision more difficult! Here is my situation, right now I have a small love seat in my theater, which just doesn't cut it anymore. The problem is that my room is a bit small when it comes to seating. As it stands I've got 136 inches of space to work with, and not enough room to do a second row of seating. So basically I need the most bang for my buck in terms of getting bodies in seats. I am looking at doing a setup with the love seat in the middle. Basically the only two designs I've seen that would work for this are the Palliser Stereo and the Paget. I've got a few questions that might help me with my decision:

1. I have bought stuff in the past that claims to be one size but is slightly larger or smaller. Is the Paget actually 114 inches across? I'm already at the point where I can't ever gain weight and fit through my small aisle, any larger then the 114 inches, I'll need to vault over the top of the couch.

2. If anybody has sat in both the Palliser Stereo and the Paget, I would love some real world comparisons.

3. Bonded leather makes me breakout in a cold sweat. I was looking at doing fabric on the Palliser. How is the bonded leather holding up for those of you who have had this seat for a while? Palliser has a better warranty and that is something I'm considering in this.

This is a tough decision. Right now I've got a pretty good price on the Palliser (significantly less then the Paget) however that is for manual recline. The Paget, despite the cost, looks like the better overall deal.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Hey all - the LED floor lighting is simply way too bright for me. I thought I read somewhere that they can be unplugged, but I can't find that post and my seats do not look to have a "plug" for that LED strip that I can see. Am I missing something? Can the wires just be snipped and capped off?

here is the vid showing how, it's under seat

you can also turn off using light button

Regards
Alan
HTmarket.com

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
As happens so often in this hobby, HT Design has made my decision more difficult! Here is my situation, right now I have a small love seat in my theater, which just doesn't cut it anymore. The problem is that my room is a bit small when it comes to seating. As it stands I've got 136 inches of space to work with, and not enough room to do a second row of seating. So basically I need the most bang for my buck in terms of getting bodies in seats. I am looking at doing a setup with the love seat in the middle. Basically the only two designs I've seen that would work for this are the Palliser Stereo and the Paget. I've got a few questions that might help me with my decision:

1. I have bought stuff in the past that claims to be one size but is slightly larger or smaller. Is the Paget actually 114 inches across? I'm already at the point where I can't ever gain weight and fit through my small aisle, any larger then the 114 inches, I'll need to vault over the top of the couch.

2. If anybody has sat in both the Palliser Stereo and the Paget, I would love some real world comparisons.

3. Bonded leather makes me breakout in a cold sweat. I was looking at doing fabric on the Palliser. How is the bonded leather holding up for those of you who have had this seat for a while? Palliser has a better warranty and that is something I'm considering in this.

This is a tough decision. Right now I've got a pretty good price on the Palliser (significantly less then the Paget) however that is for manual recline. The Paget, despite the cost, looks like the better overall deal.
I'll try to help on all, the 114 is right, it might even be about 1 inch smaller as we count the round part of the cupholder.

On palliser vs ht design, Palliser is special order brand so it's a 6 week wait, the stereo is good seat and you can order in any palliser covers leather fabric etc, so it's a more flexible for cover, as far as build quality paget is built as well and is comfortable to sit in. If you got leather on stereo it's a better chair as it has leather but you pay pretty high price for doing it.

ht design bonded really good, it's a lot like leather I don't think you will sweat in it.

If you want email us number seats on config for stereo and paget we can quote both, the power recline is well worth it plus you get the storage and trays all included. Just tell me how many seats you need and what set up.

Regards
Alan
HTmarket.com

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Alan,

Thank you for the information - I pulled the wiring down a bit and uncovered the plug. Perfect!

The led was cool when the seats were folded but when open they were very bright for my space.

I'll concur for the above poster the width is spot on, and so far (less than a week mind you) I haven't noticed any sweating. The Pagets are great for the money. And after experiencing power recline - there is no way I could ever own manual recline again.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Alan,

Thank you for the information - I pulled the wiring down a bit and uncovered the plug. Perfect!

The led was cool when the seats were folded but when open they were very bright for my space.

I'll concur for the above poster the width is spot on, and so far (less than a week mind you) I haven't noticed any sweating. The Pagets are great for the money. And after experiencing power recline - there is no way I could ever own manual recline again.
I am glad that helped. Pagets are good for the money, very good value. We have lots of customers who like them alot, they like that it does not take up much space but it has a comfortable seat width.

Regards
Alan
HTmarket.com

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
I had a good initial purchase experience with HTMarket, but the seats were delivered from Palliser to the "white glove" delivery service over a week ago and they told us it would be delivered today. Well, my wife sat home all day today waiting and no delivery or even a phone call. So we called HTmarket who reached out to the delivery service and they tell us they cancelled the delivery because "they have no other deliveries in our area" :eek:. They now won't reschedule for another week! The seating is sitting an hour and a half from us, it's not like it's in another state.

We got rid of our current furniture so we could receive the delivery, so now we're shafted for a week. I'm trying to see if I can just take a trailer up there and pick it up myself so we're not without seating for a week and a weekend of football.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Gooddoc, I am really sorry this happened, we have no excuses except that our delivery company screwed up. Tom told me about this issue with delivery company. Apparently our delivery service headquarters got your delivery mixed up with another NJ customer who requested us to hold goods and called the agent and said to cancel the delivery. We personally don't own trucking companies or delivery agents we subcontract out the services to others and occasionally they make a mistake, in this case they did.

Tom said he is working with you for you to pick up furniture as delivery company said next week. I honestly don't like that solution as then you have to do work, we will try and coerce the company to get down there to deliver Friday, I can't promise anything yet as I said I don't own the company that delivers the furniture. Please email offline in future for support, I understand the frustration and it's fair game to say it.

Regards
Alan
HTmarket.com

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
gooddoc, Tom is writing email to you we coerced delivery company to do this tomorrow. I had to pay them more money for them screwing up, so be it. My customer is who we take care of even it costs us more money.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
Gooddoc, I am really sorry this happened, we have no excuses except that our delivery company screwed up. Tom told me about this issue with delivery company. Apparently our delivery service headquarters got your delivery mixed up with another NJ customer who requested us to hold goods and called the agent and said to cancel the delivery. We personally don't own trucking companies or delivery agents we subcontract out the services to others and occasionally they make a mistake, in this case they did.

Tom said he is working with you for you to pick up furniture as delivery company said next week. I honestly don't like that solution as then you have to do work, we will try and coerce the company to get down there to deliver Friday, I can't promise anything yet as I said I don't own the company that delivers the furniture. Please email offline in future for support, I understand the frustration and it's fair game to say it.

Regards
Alan
HTmarket.com
gooddoc, Tom is writing email to you we coerced delivery company to do this tomorrow. I had to pay them more money for them screwing up, so be it. My customer is who we take care of even it costs us more money.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Alan,

Thank you very much for taking care of that! We have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow.

What defines a great company that I will continue to do business with and I'll enthusiastically refer others, is not whether problems and sh!t happens, because it happens to everyone. It's how those problems are dealt with that make the difference.

You have a happy customer Alan, it's all good. And just to be clear for everyone following, the purchase experience was great this was the only blip on the radar. I can highly recommend HT market.

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
Seating delivery today as promised. Delivery guys were awesome according to the wife and everything perfect. The wife loves the seating.

Thanks Alan. A bump in the road but you stepped up big time. Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Seating delivery today as promised. Delivery guys were awesome according to the wife and everything perfect. The wife loves the seating.

Thanks Alan. A bump in the road but you stepped up big time. Much appreciated.
I am glad it all came to happy ending. The wife factor is huge.

Regards
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com

·
Premium Member
1,694 Posts
Still looking to test sit a set of Devonshires on the east coast. Anyone willing?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, longtime lurker here but wanted to throw out my thanks to HTMarket and this thread. I bought 4 of the Devonshires and they have been amazing so far. I am really pleased with them. I keep my PS4 controllers in each storage bin and we get a ton of use out of the chairs. Basically wanted to throw my hat in the ring of "buy these"!

·
Registered
732 Posts
We're looking for curved seating with a love seat in the middle: |OVOOVO|

We want power recline. Width should be somewhere around 130" or less (going over a few inches is no problem, we've got 60"+ more in the room, but ideally like to keep that all for the aisles down the sides)

Ideally (but not required) would be drink holders, tray tables and arm storage, etc.

It's probably too late for this but if we could somehow get them shipped here to the Dallas, TX area before Thanksgiving that would be awesome.

I've been looking at the quick ship options on HTmarket and none of them seem to offer a curved option? If we want curved, do we have to special order (no chance of Thanksgiving or possibly even Christmas) ?

401 - 420 of 2452 Posts