AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after reading and demoing equipment for the past 2 months, here's what I think I'm gonna pick up for the new HT..

Would welcome any & all comments (esp. if I've picked one of these components not as well as I could have!).

Of course, the stuff below is only if I can buy it reasonably and find good dealers..if I run into obstinate sellers (read: those who only charge list and aren't flexible), I'll swap to another brand or dealer who is.

Projector: Sony 10HT (11HT is $2-3K more [at least]..worth it? Nah).

Amp/Receiver: Denon AVR-3801

Speakers: Definitive Tech BP2006TL fronts, C/L/R 2300 & BP2X surrounds OR Paradigms (if DT dealer proves too difficult!)

Screen: EITHER the Da-Lite Hi-Power, Stewart Grayhawk or Studiotek 130 (still need to decide)..16:9, 106-110''.

DVD Player: Toshiba 6200 (great prices and reportedly a great picture).

As you can see, I'm not picking "hot product of the month" type stuff, but the tried, true, proven things that people have had a lot of luck & success with.

Anyone see any hitches? (Something that doesn't work together, or a component that could be better?)

Room size is 12x22, dedicated space. Complete control over ambient light. Seating at 13' and 18'.

Thanks!

Jim

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
You might want to check out nOrh and ACI speakers...sold direct, and are great for ht. my nOrh 4.0 package is going to arrive from Thailand soon...definitely "unique" looks. Also, for the sub, have you checked out SVS? I find these manufacturers (i own ACI Sapphires for my 2 ch. rig) are superior bang for you buck...btw, I have heard the 2006s, but imho, a pair of standmounts and a good sub is better. i believe deftech has standmounts now...
www.norh.com www.audioc.com www.svsubwoofers.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.