AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow avser's, I recently listed a Rca ultimate TV piece for sale in the Marketplace. I love this feature. However, I think we need to be careful who we are selling to this way. The "customer" was very interested in this piece until I told him that I wasn't going to send the card aong with the box. He then decided he was no longer interested. I bought these pieces new with out cards and Directv sent me the new ones for free. Directv didn't even charge me the $20.00 fee normally associated with replacement cards. Now why would some so desperately want these boxes and the cards unless he ??? Hmm makes me think

Anyway I still have 2 RCA ultimate tv boxes for sale Mark

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK So am I being paranoid or what ? Should I just sell these with the cards and hope they aren't gong to hackers? Please reply on this matter mark

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well it would seem your having a morale dilemma here. While the cards are "technically" property of DirecTV if you sold them with the receiver and they were hacked and the guy got caught somehow I don’t think they would hold you liable, but I'm not an attorney. It most likely sounds like the person is going to hack it since DirecTV rarely activates used cards. The big question is do you care? Are you more interested in just unloading them or selling them to someone you know is not going to steal the signal.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I decided not to sell them to someone anyone that i thought might hack them I couldn't in good conscience sell them to some one that isn't going to pay for the same signal that I am willing to pay for. SO basically i lost the sale and the worst part is I really need to sell these. Maybe someone with higher morals then I have previously dealt with will step up and take these off my hands. Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.