AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating another meet at my place. I'm looking at the end of September or so while we still have nice weather for travel etc.

I'd like to get an idea of how many would be interested. It would be on a Saturday and as with my other meets would start at around 2:00 PM and go till folks want to call it a night.

I'm planning an audio upgrade so for anyone who was at my last meet there would be some additional fun stuff.

I'd like to see if I can get a few people involved in my theater to be there as well to talk to folks about their questions ,their theaters etc.

Let me know if you are interested so I can start to formulate plans.

Art

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Art, my wife and I would love to come and see that awesome Home Theater of yours. I have been wanting to go to so many meet's here in Michigan, but some of you guys are a long ways away. I'm ready for a road trip and the end of September is cool too.

Redhouse

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhouse
Art, my wife and I would love to come and see that awesome Home Theater of yours. I have been wanting to go to so many meet's here in Michigan, but some of you guys are a long ways away. I'm ready for a road trip and the end of September is cool too.

Redhouse
Well dog gone it, finally ! :D I'll probably set the date in the next few days.

Art

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Looking forward to it, Art!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
so far the 8th still looks good for us (wife and I)

Josh

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hey Art, just tell your other threads that you won't be posting any more info there, and direct them here! In fact, the moderator may be able to set your other threads readonly after you post that, but I'm just guessing...

Also - my wife is interested in coming (partly to see your lovely home!) if that's okay, depending on the hours...

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'd LUV to and

I'll give it a sincere 'try' - but need to check for conflicts.

It would make a nice road trip from Chicago.

I see from Mapquest that you are close to 'Climax'

I suspect with your dual stack, we will all be very close too! ;-)

Oh, and everyone DOES know about maps.google.com, right ?

Maybe you can tell us which house it is on the satellite view ? - hehe

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn
Sounds great guys ! I've asked for people who expressed interest at least to post over here but it has gone on deaf ears thus far except for you thanks ! :)

Art

Art... everything is still a go with me. :)

Craig

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Gauge
I'd LUV to and

I'll give it a sincere 'try' - but need to check for conflicts.

It would make a nice road trip from Chicago.

I see from Mapquest that you are close to 'Climax'

I suspect with your dual stack, we will all be very close too! ;-)

Oh, and everyone DOES know about maps.google.com, right ?

Maybe you can tell us which house it is on the satellite view ? - hehe
Unless the photos are recent, you wouldn't recognize it in an sat or aerial photo.My house started at just over 1000 sq ft, now it is approx 6000 sq ft ! :eek:

I hope to see you. I'm thinking it will be at least as much fun as last time. Demos will be even more fun and it looks like some HT savants are going to be here( not that we aren't all in our own way) but it could be real cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk112000
Art... everything is still a go with me. :)

Craig
Craig,

As always I will enjoy seeing you. Maybe we can finally have a meet in the winter ( you know that five or six month stretch in Michigan when it is cold) at your place.

Art

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Hey Art, just tell your other threads that you won't be posting any more info there, and direct them here! In fact, the moderator may be able to set your other threads readonly after you post that, but I'm just guessing...

Also - my wife is interested in coming (partly to see your lovely home!) if that's okay, depending on the hours...
Ron,

I purposely started those other threads due to the extremely low traffic on this forum( even much worse since the forum "upgrade").

I would really enjoy seeing you again and finally bringing your wife to one. We finally finished the rec room so more space to spead out at the meet. I still suck at pool but I'm practicing a little so that at least I can play.

Here is the finished rec room which you may recall was the second of three garages put on the home. The first was our present living room, this was the second while the third is still the garage.

Art

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
GREAT! Looks terrific - I hope we can get some pool in if you're not too busy with your hosting duties!

Do I have to bring my cue, or can I trust you to have some nice 21 ouncers? :) (or did I mean 12 ouncers... :) )

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
GREAT! Looks terrific - I hope we can get some pool in if you're not too busy with your hosting duties!

Do I have to bring my cue, or can I trust you to have some nice 21 ouncers? :) (or did I mean 12 ouncers... :) )
Ron,

Sorry, out of my league buddy. I have four of what I'm told are standard cues. If you are that serious about it, then I'd recommend bringing your own however. :p :D

If the meet is anything like the last one here I will not have time for much of anything but demos, some chat etc.

Art

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hey Art,

I'd love to attend but I think I will be in Colorado at the end of September. I'll let Troy know about it and let you know if he'd like to attend if you have room.

Sure hate to miss it but lets see, Art's Place or the Rocky's??? Tough choice! ;)

Paul

·
Registered
24,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR1355
Hey Art,

I'd love to attend but I think I will be in Colorado at the end of September. I'll let Troy know about it and let you know if he'd like to attend if you have room.

Sure hate to miss it but lets see, Art's Place or the Rocky's??? Tough choice! ;)

Paul
Paul,

Too bad for us but looks like you will be doing something you love even more than this home theater stuff. Yes, tell Troy. :)

Art

·
Registered
507 Posts
Now, if I could only figure out how to get the 50" HD plasma in my back pack I'd be all set. :D

Hey Craig, when are we going to get to see the fruit of all your hard work???

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The 8th looks great for us, I'm looking forward to finally meeting all of you Michiganders.

I'm still afraid to experience Art's Theater. I know for sure I'm going to go home and want to tear out my own and start all over. My wife said if that happens she's having me committed.

Art, I never realized you were so close to K-zoo, we shop out there all the time. I love Classic Stereo, everything I own has come from them.

Redhouse

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Quote:
Hey Art,

Paul
Thats an easy choice!!! Arts place!! :D

Quote:
Hey Craig, when are we going to get to see the fruit of all your hard work???
Nice to hear from you SR1355. :)

Well hopefully soon.

I have a full schedule right now.

Things are very busy in my life right now to say the least.

I don't want to make any promises, but I am hoping no later than November. My wife is due with our second child in December and I am afraid that if I don't host a meet before that, it will be at least a few months before I have another chance.

It is coming along however.

Carpet comes Monday or Tuesday and that will take about three days.

Then Fabric goes up! Still lots to do, but man I can't wait till we carpet!

Craig

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Art, hope you wont mind me posting this on your thread but since SR1355 asked about my progress... I thought I would post some pics.

These pics are about 1 week or so old so some things are a bit different now than you see in the pics.

The first attachment shows a view of the back of the theater while standing on the front stage.

The second attachment shows a shot, front to back facing stage left side of the theater.

The third shows the shot facing front to back facing stage right side of the theater.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.