AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating another meet at my place. I'm looking at the end of September or so while we still have nice weather for travel etc.

I'd like to get an idea of how many would be interested. It would be on a Saturday and as with my other meets would start at around 2:00 PM and go till folks want to call it a night.

I'm planning an audio upgrade so for anyone who was at my last meet there would be some additional fun stuff.

I'd like to see if I can get a few people involved in my theater to be there as well to talk to folks about their questions ,their theaters etc.

Let me know if you are interested so I can start to formulate plans.

Art

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Art,

i'm interested. Definitely a high end theater you have. Would like to see your stacked G90s!

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by power
Art,

i'm interested. Definitely a high end theater you have. Would like to see your stacked G90s!
I wanted to get a handle on the number of interested people and give folks some lead time.

I'll keep you posted when I'm ready to set a date.

Probably I'll try to get folks to post interest on one thread in the HT Meets forum.

Art

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Art - I'd love to come up if I can work the details.

My daughter is considering Michigan State - I'll have to see if she'd like another campus visit the weekend of your meet!

Randy

·
Registered
131 Posts
how far from chicago are you? i would definatly be intrested!

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRandy
Art - I'd love to come up if I can work the details.

My daughter is considering Michigan State - I'll have to see if she'd like another campus visit the weekend of your meet!

Randy

Randy,

It would be so cool to meet you ! We are about 40 minutes from East Lansing.

I'm looking at the 8th of October tentatively.

Art

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Art,

I would be very interested in making the drive up from Cincinnati. Your theater is first class all the way and this would make a great road trip.

Count me in!

Thanks,

COACH

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I'm near Columbus Ohio and would consider making a trip to meet and great some of the regulars. Can't commit for sure given my schedule, but put me in a tentative yes category.

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys, don't worry but coming closer to the meet I'd like a more accurate head count. I'll print name tags, and get the necessary food and drink. Last time I had about thirty and we are approaching that in tentative committments but I have enough space in and out of the theater for folks to hangs out between demos and such. It will be a great time !

Art

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, just to let everyone who is thinking about attending Art's meet, let me say, make it a point to go. Art has probably one of the best HTs in the country. After being at his house for a few hours this summer i can say black is black. His stacked CRTs are out of this world. We watched the crash scene in Cast Away,the lightening was just unbeiveable. His on/off contrast was, I don't even know how to describe it. Lights on, lights off is the best way I can think of it. A great setup well worth checking out. And let's not even bring up his audio system. Fantastic :D

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I haven't seen it in person yet, but based on the pictures he has posted the room looks amazing. I can hardly wait until I have a room that comes even close to Art's so I can have my own gathering. For now, I will just have to make the 6 hour drive up.

Art, Do you have a popcorn machine? If so, what size? I would be more than happy to bring up enough megapop kits to feed everybody!

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't have a machine. As I said though, just bring yourself, wife or SO and relax. I will have soft drinks, bottled water, adult beverages and mixed drinks.I will aslo have food( not just snacks) so you can stay all deay and evening and won't have to go out.

I was impressed at how thirty odd guest most strangers except the forum interactions all just felt like a house full of friends at my last meet.

Just come and hang out, relax ,learn and enjoy. See you then. :)

Art

·
Registered
621 Posts
Would love to come myself Art- it would be great to meet some of the creme de' la creme of the forum!

I'm in Southern Indiana so it would be quite the drive to make solo. If any other Hoosiers (I'm a Cincinnati transplant but when in Rome....) in or around Indiana are inclined to go I'd be happy to do a road trip!

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmaster
Would love to come myself Art- it would be great to meet some of the creme de' la creme of the forum!

I'm in Southern Indiana so it would be quite the drive to make solo. If any other Hoosiers (I'm a Cincinnati transplant but when in Rome....) in or around Indiana are inclined to go I'd be happy to do a road trip!
You are added to the list over on the HT Meets forum ! See you on the 8th. :)

Art

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.